McCormack\Rotel

Am currently using McCormack DNA1 to drive PSB Stratus Golds,and am quite pleased. Recently, however I was told that the new Rotel RB1090 would be a much better match with these spkrs; tighter bass, quicker, etc etc. Anyone have anything to share re: this? Thanks for any info.
winoguy17
in my exp this is not the case but if think so go listen to it the dna 1 is an awesome amp
I own the DNA-1 and can say I'm absolutely satisfied with its performance as well. I have not heard the Rotel, but if it performs similarly to other Rotel amps, I undoubtedly enjoy the DNA-1 more for its realism (whatever that is--my impression, at least). The Rotel is rated at roughly twice the power of the DNA-1, so if louder is what you prefer, maybe it's the ticket. Stereophile reviewed the RB-1090 in the January 2000 issue, if you'd like to see what they say--the reviewer found it to be "non-fatiguing" after extended listening, something that the DNA-1 seems to do a great job at as well. Good luck.
Rotel always performs well and is an excellent value but I think the McCormack is a step up from it in overall performance, except for the power--as noted by audiosalright. I am curious as to what other equipment each of you is using with the DNA1, specifically preamp, speakers, source and cabling.
What about the DNA-2 ? 300 wpc into 8 ohms.There are 5 perfect score owner reviews about it at www.audioreview.com.If even a used one is out of your budget and you need the power then consider the Rotel. It could be a pain,but box up your speakers and amp and bring them to your dealer for an a-b comparison with the Rotel.If not practical then see if you could borrow the amp to hear if it is worth the added expense.Good luck.
The DNA-1 is my favorite solid state amp. Haven't heard the new pass or ayre's yet though.