Power Amp Suggestions

I'm in the process of selecting a used power amplifier to fit into my system. Currently, I have a Curcio-mod ST-70 which sounds wonderful within its 35W/channel limits. Unfortunately, it is trying to drive the less than 83dB/1W Eminent-Technology LFT-VIIIs which I love. Bruce Thigpen at E-T recommends an amp capable of 75-200 watts into 8 ohms for his babies. I thought the NYAL Moscode 300 (150w/channel) I have would be a good match, but wasn't. The preamp is an all-tube Cary SLP-30. The three components just did not sing well together. The E-Ts are very warm and while the bass was great, the midrange wasn't as good as the Curcio provides. So waht are my choices? I might be able to get away with a little less than the recommended power, given the size and liveliness of my room plus the levels I listen at. Some candidates I've considered: - ARC Classic 60 - Cary SLA-70 Signature - Sonic Frontiers SFA-75 (another Curcio design) - Sumo Andromeda III - Aragon 4004 II Has anyone had any experiences with these units that could be indicative of what I might expect in my system? Thanks in advance for any help! Steve Albers
stevea
Get ready for heresy. I recommend the Onkyo M504 with 165wpc into 8 ohms, and lots more into 4 or 2 ohms. It is an incredible amp at an incredible price: around $450 at jandr discounted. The catch is this. It is plain, old-fashion stereo without the gaggle.
I own a pair of ET LTV-VIIIs and matched them with an ARC Classic 60 and an ARC SP-9 MkII. This system presented the best soundstage (that "back lit" quality) with respect to depth that I have ever experienced from these speakers. I have an ARC LS5 MkII now and wish that I still had a Classic 60.
I would have to say the Aragon 4004 is the amp for driving spks like yours. Used to own a pair of smg maggies anf while not 83db they still like the current. My 4004 gave them everthing the asked for. Also had a audible illusions mod3. Enjoyed the sound very much. Tell me more about the NYAL.