Anyone else ever experience electrical dropouts?

Whats going on here? I noticed about a year ago that my signal would drop out when I would walk across a particular part of my listening room. I sold my last rig and was not listening to music for awhile. I rebuilt my rig and now my dropouts are worse. My signal will drop now if I'm in the adjoing room walking around, if I open or close my closet doors, if someone turns a light on or off downstairs and if someone opens or closes the garage door. I know I'll probably have to call an electrician in order to fix this, but any ideas whats going on here? Is it possibly a problem with the electrical panels ground? This is pretty dang frustrating...
128x128b_limo
okay, I just tried the original power supply for the wadia and go no sound. It was silence but every once in awhile I could hear a pop, like a bad electrical issue.

What I did next was disconnect the digital coax cable and umbilical cord and just ran rca's out of the wadia. When running it this way I am just using the dac in the iphone and the wadia doesn't need power in this configuration for some reason. Anyhow, the cutouts stopped completely so it must either be the welbourne power supply or the wadia that is messed up. I'm actually starting to wonder if the welbourne power supply messed up the wadia over time.

Anyhow, I'm not really sure where to go from here...
One thing you can try is to run an extension cord from a different outlet that may be in better shape. Also, maybe try a pc power supply with a battery backup. Even if its only a temp fix until you figure out what the problem is.

As far as the actual electrical problem goes, it sounds like you may have an issue with one of the legs in your homes ac. Its the kind of thing that makes you think you have all kinds of electrical problems/dropouts with your house, but its a relatively simple, quick part to fix. It can also explain why your Wadia ps may not be bad. Understand, though, I'm not an electrician and this is just a guess on my part.
Zd, thanks! I appreciate you brainstorming with me on this one. I actually already tried the different outlet solution to no avail. I also tried different power cords on the power supply. Nothing worked. Last thing I did lastnight was change my digital coax connection on my Nova pre from coax 2 to coax 1 and haven't had a dropout yet. Roomate was just running the vacuum again (strangely enough... ) and didn't have a single drop out. I'm stumped...

My online research lastnight left me at a point where I was going to start questioning if I have a bad digital coax cable. I read online that a bad digital cable (or using an rca cable instead of a digital cable, which I'm not doing) can cause dropouts of the signal every few minutes or even a few times every minute...

Well its snowing here today, after being close to 80 degrees out this past week, so I will be staying home listening to music today so I'll report back later as to what I find out today!

Thanks again ZD!
Last thing I did lastnight was change my digital coax connection on my Nova pre from coax 2 to coax 1 and haven't had a dropout yet. Roomate was just running the vacuum again (strangely enough... ) and didn't have a single drop out. I'm stumped...
03-25-15: B_limo

About 10 or so years ago I had a Marantz 5.1 digital to analog processor that would occasionally make a clicking sound heard through the speakers and sometimes drop outs in sound heard through the speakers. Problem was the digital coax cable I was using at the time. Tried another digital coax cable, no more problems.

Why? Beats me....
If Al, Almarg, is following this thread, I would be willing to bet Al could give you possible reasons why.
Yeah, I'm thinking digi cable. Still haven't had a dropout today, yet. Im wondering if when switching inputs from coax 1 to coax 2 lastnight happened to position the cable different enough to reconnect a loose connection within the cable.

I'm afraid to do anything to try to recreate the problem in order to just pin point the issue because it seems to be working now.

Most of the time when Al chimes in I don't know what the heck he's talking about anyways. Even "dumbed" up, he's still above my head.