Woofer placement near floor-benefits?

I don't understand the reasoning behind say the YG Sonja and Magico S3 with floor level placement of their woofers. Intuitively inappropriate to me. I think Avalon Diamond is technically much more appropriate with woofer well off the ground. I would appreciate being enlightened. Thanjs
ptss
Sorry,I can't see your (their)reasoning Bob. Closer to the floor will simply make the floor bounce closer in time to the initial signal. Yes the bass is reinforced - but there is a time delay involved.I prefer to get the initial signal as clean as possible.
You're not thinking this through properly. If the delay is short enough the ear/brain cannot distinguish it from the original sound. The closer the driver is to the floor, the shorter the delay. The higher up the driver, the longer the delay. You won't hear the delay as an echo, but it does effect frequency response. Typically a tall mounted driver will create a frequency response dip right in the middle of the lower midrange. Play around with this calculator to see how it works.
There is something to be said for speaker placement near the floor in general in terms of both reinforcing bass compared to otherwise and minimizing effects of sound reflected from the floor in general. In general, floor reflections add nothing useful to what you hear in regards to the reverberant field and its effect on soundstage and imaging and should be minimized whereas reflections from other room boundaries can and often do.

In some cases, a slight upward tilt in conjunction with placement near the floor may help things out even further.

I've done this recently with a pair of small Triangle monitors in my wife's acoustically challenged and very lively 12X12 sunroom with tile floor and vaulted ceilings (see system pic) using Isoacoustics brand isolating stands to help keep the bass clean and articulate and the results are superlative....teh best ever in that room.
Thing about Triangles is you can hear their flaws but are having so much fun with them you don't care !