The BEST system you've ever built !!!!

What is the best system that you have ever put together , from source to speakers including cables ??? After all the swaps and auditions I'm looking for the final "aahhh, that's the ticket" sound to you and what components took you to Audio Nirvana. {This is a survey of actual auditions, not what you read in a magazine} THANKS,
krellpower1
While working for a HIFI store, I assembled a very nice theater system for a customer. Two Threshold T400,s One Threshold T800 drive Martin Logan Monoliths L & R front, Martin Logan SL3 L & R rear, Logos center, Two B & W ASW3000 subwoofers, Lexicon processor, Ronco projector, Daylight screen, Crestron control system.
The best is still out there, but this is sounding good in my listening room now: BAT VK-D5 Tube CD player, BAT VK50SE preamp (love the 6H30 tubes but needs extended break-in before the preamp opens up). Levinson ML-3 amp. (yes, it's older than some who post in this thread, but VERY synergistic with the rest of my stuff!) Aerial 10t's on Aerial stands. Nordost Quattro Fil and Transparent interconnects, Transparent Music Wave Ultra speaker cable. This system has been a liftime in the making, and will never be done. To my ears, it sounds great. beemer
Looking for advice on how to improve existing system which also happens to be the best (potentially) I have ever owned. I probably will never go back to vinyl as the music I listen to is generally not available in this format. What I am looking to accomplish is a separation of vocalists when they are grouped in the center of the two speakers. I do not like it when the lead vocalist and backup vocalist(s) smear together in the same space. I would also like to brighten the sound just a smidgen. If this is an improper forum for such a request, I apologize. Please let me know. I have been out of high-end audio for over 10 years and am just now assembling a nice system again. My components are as follow: NAD 514 CD player used as transport (waiting for Pioneer DV-525 and envision getting Perpetual Technologies transport when available)> to to to to to to to to Additionally I have a Denon tuner and Denon cassette deck. I mention these to point out need to keep a preamp in the system. Components are on Sound Anchors rack or amp stands. I have small PolyCrystal and small DH Cones isolation cones at my disposal. I am very happy with the system with the exception of the two items noted at the beginning of this post. I suspect that room acoustics are a signifigant factor with the imaging issue. Perpetual Technologies will be offering digital speaker correction and digital room correction software upgrades for the P-1A in the future. The system is setup in our living room which has a vaulted ceiling and the room is opens to the kitchen/dining area 1/2 story above living room along the long wall. Speakers are located along the short wall about 5 1/2' apart. Any insight anyone may have will be welcome and appreciated. God bless.
Please disregard previous post because of formatting errors. I am looking for advice on how to improve existing system, which also happens to be the best (potentially) I have ever owned. I probably will never go back to vinyl, as the music I listen to is generally not available in this format. What I am looking to accomplish is a separation of vocalists when they are grouped in the center of the two speakers. I do not like it when the lead vocalist and backup vocalist(s) smear together in the same space. I would also like to brighten the sound just a smidgen (this desire comes and goes as various components are changed). If this is an improper forum for such a request, I apologize. Please let me know. I have been out of high-end audio for over 10 years and am just now assembling a nice system again. My components are as follow: [NAD 514 CD player used as transport (waiting for Pioneer DV-525 and envision getting Perpetual Technologies transport when available)] to [Stealth Fineline II S/PDIF silver digital cable] to [Perpetual Technologies P-1A Digital Correction Engine & P-3A DAC] to [Audiodyne Multipath Reference interconnects] to [Welborne Labs Reveille Tube Linestage preamp] to [Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In interconnects] to [Atma-Sphere M60 Mk. II amps] to [Analysis Plus Oval 9 bi-wire speaker cables] to [N.E.A.R. 50Me II speakers] Additionally I have a Denon tuner and Denon cassette deck from my 80's system. I mention these to point out the need to keep a preamp in the system. Components are on Sound Anchors rack or amp stands. I have small PolyCrystal and small DH Cones isolation cones at my disposal. I am very happy with the system with the exception of the two items noted at the beginning of this post. I suspect that room acoustics are a signifigant factor with the imaging issue. Perpetual Technologies will be offering digital speaker correction and digital room correction software upgrades for the P-1A in the future. The system is setup in our living room which has a vaulted ceiling and the room is opens to the kitchen/dining area 1/2 story above living room along the long wall. Speakers are located along the short wall about 5 1/2' apart. Any insight anyone may have will be welcome and appreciated. God bless.
I think your concerne is with, so-called "imaging" The "lines" that separate the performers. And i think this is most atributed to speaker performance? However, i am not sure about your pre-amp? I know you have a great amp's, and i wouldn't worry about them. So, i would try different pre-amp, and "listen" for the change. Also, if you can try different speakers?... i would definitelly look amongst these two, as a "gulty" party! Somebody else could give you specific recommendation for pre-amp and speakers. Good Luck!