Chris Squire, Rest in Peace

I just learned that we have lost yet another Rock icon. As the only member of YES that played on each release plus some solo works, he will be missed. At age 67 he lost his battle with Leukemia yesterday. As a YES fan, it is sad that any future releases will be void of the innovative bass rifts and signature work of this musician.
Rest in Peace, Chris. You leave behind many fans that now are Owners of Lonely Hearts...
128x128theo
I live near Phoenix, and saw him with Yes twice at the Celebrity Theatre in the last two years, and he was as exciting as ever. I had seen Yes on the east coast a couple of times over the years, and have been admired and enjoyed his playng for well over 40 years.
I was hoping to see him again in the future, and along with many of us, I will truly miss him. It comes so soon after th passing of Jack
Bruce, my all time favorite.
I live near Phoenix, and saw him with Yes twice at the Celebrity Theatre in the last two years, and he was as exciting as ever. I had seen Yes on the east coast a couple of times over the years, and have admired and enjoyed his playng for well over 40 years.
I was hoping to see him again in the future, and along with many of us, I will truly miss him. It comes so soon after the passing of Jack Bruce, my all time favorite.
Thinking back on the times I attended Yes concerts, he was the animated and "theatrical" for the lack of a better word, on stage. He not only loved music but also performing. I would be truly surprised if we ever see another Yes album. Hear the MoFi and Analog Productions? Time for a remastered box set! Again, a loss that will leave a hole for us fans.
One of the first concerts I worked as an apprentice sound man was with Emerson Lake and Palmer. A new band was listed to the tour and what was referred to back then as the ‘warm up’ act. It was the initial US tour of a band simply called Yes.

My stark remembrance from that evening came from a tall bass player whose guitar sound and performance I fell in love with. I could only describe his unique sound as “Thunder” - Pure Thunder!

and that Cat could hang a harmony too…

Heaven sent and really enjoyed his talents throughout my lifetime.

Listening forever,