We lost another bassist: Free's Andy Fraser dies

We lost another bassist this week. First it was Mike Porcaro from Toto, now Free's bassist Andy Fraser has passed away.

He also co-wrote the song "All Right Now".

R.I.P. Andy
128x128mofimadness
Although that song was one of their best known, the group's first album, "Tons of Sobs" was an outstanding mix of blues, psych and hard rock. Later albums, and of course the eventual morphing to Bad Company, is what people tend to remember, but Free's first album is a classic. Thanks for posting this. Sorry he's gone....
Andy Fraser was a very talented musician and songwriter. Free to this day is vastly underrated.

He also wrote "Every Kind Of People" which was a big hit for Robert Palmer.
one of my college roomates turned me onto his bass playing--esp. since paul kosoff was such a minimimalist fraser really was playing four-string lead most of the time. his career post-free wasn't that notable, buy i musta listened to "fire and water" a thousand times.
Sorry to hear this. Andy Fraser was one of my favorite bassist, and believe it or not, Peter Cetera said Andy was one of his main influences.. If you ever get a chance, listen to them and compare, you will hear Andy's style in Peter's bass playing.