Comparing Audioquest cable to Morrow

I think Audioquest is a good cable to use as a reference by which to compare other cable. Mike Morrow called me one day trying to drum up business, and--could be my imagination but-- he didn't seem very happy when I talked about Audioquest.

I realize cable performs differently with various components. BUT, if you had to choose dollar for dollar between Audioquest and Morrow, which would you choose? Are they close enough so that the issue is subjective and a matter of personal preference, or is there a clear difference?

Anybody have any experience?
arnettpartners
OK Lance. Thanks. I would message you--careful on the language here since buying on the forums is not cool--but any hint of brightness is a red light for me. My ears are oversensitive; I like things dull. So thanks to you I won't be trying Clear Day and don't want to waste your time.

Concerning the IC's, the issue of silver-plated copper connectors probably isn't an issue, especially if the connectors were Eichmans. I have the MA1, and the RCA jacks are rather clubby but I'm not sure of the materials used.

So it looks like Audioquest unless something else comes along.

This is all valuable info for me here. Thanks.
02-10-15: Arnettpartners
any hint of brightness is a red light for me. My ears are oversensitive; I like things dull.

Maybe you are better off sticking with copper, or gold conductors, though gold can be expensive, it can also be addictive.

Cable companies that are known for musical ( we don't say dull) cables are Cardas, Kubala, Jena Labs, MIT, Transparent, Purist Audio, just to name a few. Happy hunting.
Just curious, which manufacturers produce cables with gold conductors? Now, I'm confident that sure some conductors contain traces of gold, which is actually rather curious in itself. If you wanted to select a metal with the best conductivity gold would not be it.
I believe Jade Audio Reference Gold uses pure gold, expensive at $2700 for a 1 meter pair of RCA interconnects ($3800 for XLR). KCI may too, but I'm not sure.
ok. I like things musical--maybe not as musical as gold though. Interesting but way out of my league.

Audioquest used a quality copper spade back in the day. So does Paul Speltz (anticables).