Comparing Audioquest cable to Morrow

I think Audioquest is a good cable to use as a reference by which to compare other cable. Mike Morrow called me one day trying to drum up business, and--could be my imagination but-- he didn't seem very happy when I talked about Audioquest.

I realize cable performs differently with various components. BUT, if you had to choose dollar for dollar between Audioquest and Morrow, which would you choose? Are they close enough so that the issue is subjective and a matter of personal preference, or is there a clear difference?

Anybody have any experience?
arnettpartners
BTW, I took the opportunity to ask Mike Morrow if he had tried the copperharmony connectors that williewonka had discussed on this forum some time ago. I think an Eichman brother had started a new company and introduced these connectors. He said he had not tried them and said that his Eichman rep told him they were inferior.

I was not impressed by his response and thought that the caliber of a Steve Nugent of Empirical Audio would have procured a few for evaluation, although I don't know if Steve did that. I would like to know if the copperharmony is going anywhere before I buy my next pair of IC's.
I've got both Morrow and Audioquest cables. MA-3 for the interconnects, and Audioquest Type 4 for speaker cable. I really like both for what they bring to the final sound.

The biggest change for me was tossing my lamp cord speaker cables(12 gauge fine strand copper, ofc) for the Type 4. They brought focus and accuracy, which improved the imaging. They made me a believer in solid conductors rather than fine strand.

The MA3 give more detail and resolution, but I had them before I changed out the speaker cables, so the results may have been partly masked by the inferior lamp cord. Anyway, I found that it's all important, but you need speakers capable of good resolution to hear a difference.

I've talked to Mike Morrow too, and was impressed with his knowledge and manner. His cables are the real deal, and he regularly has sales, so I'd buy then.
ok. I'd still like to know if the CopperHarmony connectors are significant. If they were, probably would be hearing more about them by now, though.
Lynne, if you didn't care for Nordost, chances are that Morrow will not work for you either. Since both manufacturers use silver plated copper conductors. I am not a fan of silver plated copper. I find pure silver to be as resolving, but more natural sounding.

If forced to pick between these two, I guess I would choose AQ, since they do not use any plating on their conductors. Obviously, YMMV.
Thanks, John. Very good to know.

BTW, I did contact Steve Nugent. He says he does not make cable anymore, although FYI, he says he has a new killer digital coax that buries the older one for $250. I don't know which one I have, but the one I have is extremely good and I paid $250 for it.