Comparing Audioquest cable to Morrow

I think Audioquest is a good cable to use as a reference by which to compare other cable. Mike Morrow called me one day trying to drum up business, and--could be my imagination but-- he didn't seem very happy when I talked about Audioquest.

I realize cable performs differently with various components. BUT, if you had to choose dollar for dollar between Audioquest and Morrow, which would you choose? Are they close enough so that the issue is subjective and a matter of personal preference, or is there a clear difference?

Anybody have any experience?
arnettpartners
I use Morrow Ic's in my system and I love them. But, my system needs Fast, quick, accurate, musical sounding cables for it to really shine. Morrow cables sound a lot like Nordost cables. Audio Quest makes great cables as well, I really think its a matter of listener taste, at this level I think the two (Morrow vs AQ) are going to sound a little different( AQ being on the warm side) in a side by side test. If I were going to pick a neutral cable to be a reference I would pick Kimber cable, They have the most natural and cable free sound IMO. I have heard Analysis plus oval, Cardas, Signal Cable, Audio Quest, Kimber cable, Monster cable, MIT Shotgun, Transparent Audio. FYI. My choice would be in the following order. Morrow,Nordost,Kimber,Signalcable,Audioquest, and I wont even use the others mentioned.

P.S. I put Morrow ahead of Nordost because of the great value Morrow has. I also put Signalcable ahead of AQ for the same reason!
I've replaced upwards of 80% of my AQ cables with Morrows. I find the 3's the sweet spot for now till I try the 5's (speaker and IC's) one day, I found them very natural sounding.
I have used Morrow for both speaker cable and interconnects. Good cables, and the more you spend (i.e., the more twisted pairs), the better they sound. I've tended to replace them with another high-value brand, Clear Day. Both brands are sold direct and carry moneyback protection.

I haven't used anything from AQ since the 90s so I don't know how the current ones sound.
Thanks for all the input. It is very helpful. Nordost Red Dawn doesn't work in my system so that comparison is specificly useful as well.

I googled Clear Day. In the distant past I never liked silver, but I've heard that the quality of silver cable has generally improved with newer methods of extruding. Actually I think I will try the Clear Day instead of either the Morrow or Audioquest. I have the cryoed Anticable speaker cable and like it but am ready to try an upgrade.

Thanks,

Lynne
Nordost Red Dawn doesn't work in my system so that comparison is specificly useful as well.
Was the Red Dawn an original or from the newer Leif series? When I demoed the original Nordost line the Blue Haven and Red Dawn were very bright sounding in my system. Baldur was better (not as bright but lifeless sounding). In the end I bought the Frey which for me was right in the sweet spot for the money.

That said the series 2 is very very different and much better sounding IMO. More liquid with a weightier sound. I still have the original Frey speaker cable but have upgraded my Frey Ic to the Tyr2.