Questioning a/c isolation for digital.?

I get the idea many are unaware of the enormous benefits available.It would be interesting to me to learn of experiences/benefits
ptss
Elizabeth - 99.9% of power conditioners are not isolation transformers. Only an isolation transformer can separate the ground connections and eliminate ground-loops. Even this is not optimum. Better to have isolation at each component.

Conditioners are great at preventing noise from switching supplies from getting back into the power line or preventing damage from lightning strikes, but that is about it. I don't like them for the most part. Never use them.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
I must use PC. Otherwise I have to unplug all of my equipment when I leave my dwelling every time. I've almost lost my amp from the surge connected directly to the wall.
Ptss - you are better off to get some kind of isolation or volume-control transformer.

Some large AC power transformers are available, but they only solve the problem of isolating house ground from audio system ground, they don't solve the problem of audio system ground-loops.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Steve I appreciate your input, don't get me wrong, but the thread is about isolation from AC. I think your topic deserves it own thread for simplicity. I'm also not talking about isolation or conditioning to eliminate gross hum, which is as you previously explained-but which basically shouldn't happen with decent equipment, grounding and i/c's & connections.