Nordost Frey interconnect hum

I bought a pair of used Nordost Frey unbalanced interconnects here and i noticed they induce a hum through my speakers when my preamp is off or when the cables are only plugged into the power amp. The strange thing to me is that my Nordost Heimdall interconnects do not induce the hum under the same conditions nor do other shielded interconnects. They do the same thing on another system as well. I understand that both the Heimdall and Frey have the same 97% shielding and the only difference is 2 extra center conductors. I'm waiting for the seller to ask Nordost but i thought i would ask here if anyone can explain it.

Thanks for any advice.
pongagt
When I was looking at cables I had the demo case that consisted of bh through freys. In my system the bh and rd were too bright for me. The baldur was dull sounding and not as bright. The heimall and frey were extremely close but with those cables I could really hear the 'air' between the instruments and vocals. To me and my system the latter had the most balanced sound. I bought the frey ic and sc. Still have the sc but have since upgraded the ic to the tyr2. The series2 have a more liquid sound and more low end yet still sound very balanced. The new series2 are very different and in my opinion much better.
Xti16, I too have the Frey sc's and am also using Tyr ic's. I think this is a great combo.
Daveyf - Have you had a chance to demo the new series2? I was quite happy with all original Frey's. Then I heard the series2. All I can say is Wow.
Xti16, I have heard the Frey 2 ic's but not the speaker cables. I think the Tyr ic's are still superior to the Frey 2 ic's. Happy with my Frey sc's...for now:0)
Valhalla gives a lot of resolution ( details) but Audioquest sets everything better in place. I call this individual focus. During listening it is a lot more easy to focus on only one part of the recording. Wenn you go back to Valhalla it is less focussed. Like a photo what is less sharp. That is why you need interconnects to give it a more sharp focus. It is the same wenn I listen to Avalon. I see a big and wide stage but the individual focus is less sharp. I know that in real instruments and voices are very small in dimension and often very sharp focussed. The Audioquest make the stage wider and deeper.
2nd and 3th voices on recordings are so much more easy to pint out were they are standing during listening. They are louder and a lot more easy to follow. Wenn I had full Valhalla at home I missed emotion in the whole sound. My smile on my face was gone. Wenn the focus is very sharp you turn a lot with year head during listening. That is how sharp it is. Going back to Valhalla I didn't do this anymore. There is a lot of details, more difficult werer it is comming from. The Audioquest gives more realism is sound of instruments and the overwhole sound has more authority. Liken you use a more powerful amplifier. I want to play very deep, very wide and like now many recordings some instruments play in front of you. I am a perfectionist, I want everything what is possible in sound. Deep and wide is even not enough. Within this big square stage the focus of instruments and voices need to be point out exactly were they are standing. I do not do it for less.