Brand new silver power cord is bright sounding

Hi

I bought this brand new 10awg power cord with silver plating, and I am trying it out with my integrated amp. I noticed that the music is brighter (almost shrill) sounding, but otherwise very good. Could be b/c the cable needs burn in time? I have also read somewhere that cables with silver can sound sound brighter. At this point I don't know if the problem is the particular cable or not.
robertsong
How true you just gave the definition of a music lover vs an audiophile. The audiophile wants to get the most resolution he can and really believes he enjoys the music he hears while the music lover wants to get enough resolution and enjoy his collection and not constantly think he has to change a component in order to enjoy music.
Jwm, I think a music lover has never experienced the thrill of realism and the audiophile I revere has. I have no use for bells and whistles audiophiles.
Syntax, you so speak the truth. I get many of my power cords from Merlin's bargin basement. The one's with slightly less MAGIC than his higher end cables.