Brand new silver power cord is bright sounding

Hi

I bought this brand new 10awg power cord with silver plating, and I am trying it out with my integrated amp. I noticed that the music is brighter (almost shrill) sounding, but otherwise very good. Could be b/c the cable needs burn in time? I have also read somewhere that cables with silver can sound sound brighter. At this point I don't know if the problem is the particular cable or not.
robertsong
The majority of silver power cords will give you a brighter and sharper sound because the timing is faster with silver cables. Also the silver conductors are thicker so it allows the speed of cable to move fast between the speaker and the amplifier. If you are using tube amplifiers, these type of cords will work very well, though you have to keep in mind with most power cords, the amps on the power cords need to match up with your amplifier and power conditioner because with most power conditioners, if u are using 10A line conditioner and you have a 15a or 20a power cord, its not going to signifcantly improve the performance. The higher amperage you have on your power conditioner and power amp the better sound stange and performance you will get out of it.
How unfortunate that a hobby created to service art is plagued by this drivel.
Robertsong, I wish there were a simple answer to your question. Perhaps the pc has settled down now, perhaps not. I have never tried an all silver power cord and presently use only copper power cords, I do generally believe metals sound different, but there are many other factors that affect what you hear. I think in interconnects, silver, especially long linear crystal silver is clearly the best metal.

All that I can really say is to buy what you prefer.
I tried a pair of Kimber silvers and they were too bright in my system. I love to hear it when people say cables have no sound. They're right its just wire, but that wire can effect the sound of a system. My neighbor was a non believer until I put a pair of PBJ's between his cd player and pre-amp. I have no idea why cabling can change the character of the sound in a system but it does. If one is using a SS pre and power amp with speakers that use a metal dome tweeter stay away from silver! Still a non believer, find someone who has a cd player that has two outputs. Connect one output to the cd input using your favorite interconnect, then connect the second output to the aux input of the pre amp using the suspect cable. Put in your favorite cd and switch inputs while listening, done it been there, for whatever reason differences were heard!! Now dare I say it, resolution is not the end to all ends, what combination keeps your foot moving and takes you away from thinking about the gear and more focused on the musicians! Not until you can really enjoy the players can you really enjoy the gear.
How true you just gave the definition of a music lover vs an audiophile. The audiophile wants to get the most resolution he can and really believes he enjoys the music he hears while the music lover wants to get enough resolution and enjoy his collection and not constantly think he has to change a component in order to enjoy music.