Brand new silver power cord is bright sounding

Hi

I bought this brand new 10awg power cord with silver plating, and I am trying it out with my integrated amp. I noticed that the music is brighter (almost shrill) sounding, but otherwise very good. Could be b/c the cable needs burn in time? I have also read somewhere that cables with silver can sound sound brighter. At this point I don't know if the problem is the particular cable or not.
robertsong
Robertsong,
Is this a pure silver cable or is it silver'plated' over copper? Either way you may just need more hours of use.I find the good silver cables to be open,transparent and provide natural tonality.Silver is not inherently 'bright'but it is honest IMO.There are copper cables that can sound bright also, depends on which particular cable and in what system.
Silver is quick and known for helping to deliver as much detail as possible. Your experience is not unique. Silver often leads to a sharpening of the sound. However as was said the better conductance of the silver may be exposing some other weakness in you system. Silver does burn in like all cables and will mellow but only very slightly. It may not be a good match for you. I use Silver on sources both PCs and ICs and then use really good copper down the chain to balance the character of the two metals, works great.
i have several silver plated copper powe cords. none are bright. none were bright prior to break in. there are other factors besides wire which determine performance.

as has been suggested, how did your system sound priot to uding this cable.

if you have a bright amp/pre or speakers, try other cords and see if the brightness remains.
Are you using any power conditioning in front of the power cord?

I would address that if needed first from a clean power perspective by trying a power conditioner perhaps for everything except the power amp at first and then see how everything else does from there. IF the power conditioner is beefy enough to deliver enough current to the power amp, then yu might try it with the power amp perhaps as well as an option.
The majority of silver power cords will give you a brighter and sharper sound because the timing is faster with silver cables. Also the silver conductors are thicker so it allows the speed of cable to move fast between the speaker and the amplifier. If you are using tube amplifiers, these type of cords will work very well, though you have to keep in mind with most power cords, the amps on the power cords need to match up with your amplifier and power conditioner because with most power conditioners, if u are using 10A line conditioner and you have a 15a or 20a power cord, its not going to signifcantly improve the performance. The higher amperage you have on your power conditioner and power amp the better sound stange and performance you will get out of it.