How goofy is this?

While waiting on jumpers for my new Audience au24e speaker cables i got impatient and figured I'd see how things sound with the au24e's to the high posts with a set of zu ibis to the low.

Granted I may have a tin ear but this seems to sound pretty good. I'm hearing - I think, or imagine - more detail, more air, more 3D, more dynamics, and a lot more bass than I was with my biwire Rockefellers.

Is this setup really whacky? Or is it possible I'm really hearing the improvements and not imagining things?
joncourage
You hear what you hear most of the time. Sometimes you hear what you want to hear.
Compared to some of the crazy stuff we do in this hobby I'd say you're barely a "1" on the audiophile goofy scale of 1-10.
Doesn't register on the goofy scale for me.

Anytime something sounds different, there is a 50/50 chance of it also sounding better versus worse for whatever reason. Those are the only two choices.

Call it audio Karma if you like.
IMHO I think that this is not totally goofy. What you are hearing could be an improvement in sonics. The parallel/shot-gun biwiring does present a different impedance of the speaker to the power amp compared to a single run speaker cable & that alone can be better off for the amplifier. Often manuf will encourage biwiring for their particular speaker models.
What you should do is listening long-term to your music that you are very familiar with. You know what it used to sound like & now you are hearing a new sound. Is the new sound still better few days down the road? 1 week later? 1 month later?