Ungrounded power cord: Will I die?

I'm always reading about the dangers of lifting ground from a power cord, especially in manufacturer manuals. Does this only apply to lifting ground from a grounded cord or just using an ungrounded cord, period? There are tons of devices in our homes that use ungrounded power cords (think wall wart). How is it possible that my house has not erupted into a ball of flames yet?

Anyway, I have a 2-prong power cord with a 3-prong IEC female end that came with my Luxman amp. I am getting the outboard power supply for my Calyx 24/192 DAC, but it requires an additional power cord. The Luxman cord sounds pretty good so I want to use that instead of spending another $500 to buy another one, which is +150% of the power supply itself!

What say ye?
eugene81
Their logic is a little fuzzy. They recommend to avoid disconnecting ground pin unless absolutely necessary and in next sentence they say removing this pin is dangerous? Maybe it is only 80% dangerous or perhaps it is dangerous on even Tuesdays and safe other times?

"Do not remove or bypass the ground pin on the end of the AC cord unless absolutely necessary
to reduce hum from ground loops of connected equipment. This may cause RFI (radio frequency
interference) to be induced into your playback setup. Removing or bypassing the ground pin on
any electrical component is potentially dangerous and should be avoided for safety reasons."

"To prevent electric shock, use a 3 prong,
grounded type power cable"
how can you possibly call yourself an audiophile if you aren't willing to die in search of better sound? motorcycling, scuba diving, skydiving, airplanes, etc. what are we men or mice?

02-01-12: Kijanki
Their logic is a little fuzzy.

It makes me curious about how much some of these companies know about power grid, cords, and other products they make. Any electrical engineer knows about the risk.

Maybe this was brought to their attention, and they put the risk, warning part in the manual to help keep them from getting into trouble if they go into litigation. They can say the customer didn't take the warning serious.

That pin removal was, or still is a selling feature for them.

Those ground adapters are banned in Nova Scotia Canada.
Also, a college professor was electrocuted using one. So that shows it can happen. That's in the Wiki link. Link [http://www.gov.ns.ca/lae/electricalsafety/esbadapterplugs.asp]Wiki link [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheater_plug]
Hi all ! This is a short story about how I almost died from my refrigerator . I noticed my freezer smelled like bad food . So I went through all the questionable food (lots of it as I am single) and threw it out , wiped out the fridge and freezer . Next day , freezer and fridge smelled like bad food again , cleaned out everything wiped out freezer and fridge . Next morning get up , grab fridge door and bang !!! Grabbed the crap out of me , I couldnt let go of the door handle , finally fell down and was able to let go . Reason ? I lifted the ground as it would make a popping noise through my speakers when the compressor came on . I plugged the fridge into a 2 plug noise filter . One of the wires inside the fridge was burnt and was touching the cabinet . 1 in a million ? Not good enough odds for me when messing with electricity . Thanks for reading....brad

Glad to hear you are OK, but how does stinky food relate to the wire being burned?