power conditioner for cd transport and dac?

I know that a power conditioner can affect the dynamic of a power amp but for a source component i would like to know if it can be a good think?
128x128thenis
I have read somewhere that broken-in power cords need about three days to settle in. I can verify only this. I recently upgraded a cord on my integrated. When installed it sounded very good right away. In a few hours in became better and after that there was a small gradual improvement for about two days.
Emotional intelligence: interesting oxymoron. Ramble a little more about that, please. And three days is good. I can handle three days.
Hi Arnettpartners...

Wikipedia Daniel Goleman or go to danielgoleman.info

He's one of the originators of the emotional intelligence concept. His book, Vital Lies, Simple Truths: The Psychology of Self Deception, has some very intriguing analysis. This book, Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ, is the one to which I referred earlier.

My point was that how we feel about ourselves, other people, and things affects how we listen and what we listen to. Even what sorts of noise we have been subjected to during the day can affect our listening experience.

I have a friend who one time told me that sometimes his system sounds "magnificent" and other times like "cr#p", and over time the only variables he could find to account for this were his emotions and attitudes and moods as they varied day-to-day, week-to-week, etc.

He has an civil engineering background and is a finance/insurance professional. He's an exceptional photographer and musician as well. A very cognitive rational guy with a music system that always sounds great to me.

Just a point that some days are better for making evaluations than others...and that we should be aware of mood and attitude when we find ourselves dissatisfied or annoyed with what our hard work has wrought us.... just a thought!

For example, when I am stressed, even a trace of sibilance in my system (knowing, of course, that recording vary as to quality) will drive me nuts. But if I get some exercise, etc. whoah! A completely different experience altogether.

As to EI, check it out... it's extended its principles into some intriguing venues.

:) listening,

Ed
Hi, Ed,
Thanks. I switched out the factory power cable for the audiophile cable again and this time it sounded better than the factory cable from the start. I guess I'm a victim of myself. Thanks for all the info. I will check it out.
Lynne
I would get a Pure Power 1050 or the more powerful 2000. They protect your gear and since they regenerate pure AC they make your components sound much better.

Greg