Power cord heiarchy

Which power cord is the most important, or alternatively which PC position makes the greatest difference in your system? Here are your choices:

1. wall outlet to plc
2. plc to source (CDP/dac)
3. plc to preamp
4. plc to power amp
linkster
Post removed 
The Power Line Conditioner should not be a given. One must try out both ways, with and without plc. There is no guarantee that the plc will bring an absolute improvement. Then, any power cord from the wall is most important as a general rule.

HOWEVER, what one's ears considers to be the best sound may vary widely. Individual preference will vary concerning placement/sound of PCs. I have had instances when the sound of the system using a "lesser" power cord upstream was just as enchanting, though dramatically different sounding, as putting the "more capable" pc upstream.

There are meaningful differences in sound especially between copper and silver OFC power cords. Though the silver is typically much more expensive, it is not guaranteed that it's placement ahead of other power cords in the system will bring the most satisfactory results. This does not mean that I think the silver PCs are not worthy. The bonus with a mix of silver/copper PCs is the ability to tune the rig to a higher degree than with all one type.

Schipo, just TRY it! :)
Schipo, the designs always have tradeoffs and conditions in the design facilities may differ than the ones at home. Good manufacturers generally address that but i know of more than one amazing sounding amps that do benefit from power conditioning, better current etc. That is quite clear and not a psychoacoustic phenomenon. Now, extending that argument to power cords is a bit more artistic as the science is not yet conclusive. nordost recently made some efforts to prove their point and I am not well versed enough with electrical theory and practice to be able to fully comprehend what they are saying. That in itself may be an issue.
In any event, imho power cords do make a difference and one that is often not subtle. In my system and my conditions, I find that they make a bigger difference than even interconnects.
no human can hear much past 20 KHz. Few microphones respond to frequencies beyond that, and even fewer loudspeakers can reproduce that high.And your telling me that you can hear the small difference in power cords. Every competent circuit designer knows how to filter out power line noise, and such protection is routinely added to all commercial audio products. Spending hundreds of dollars on a six-foot replacement power cord ignores the other hundred-odd feet of regular wire between the wall outlet and power pole.
How about this question: What if you're using a voltage regulator/regenerator which corrects the waveform to 120v 6o hz? Theoretically, it wouldn't matter if you used a two dollar cord or a two thousand dollar cord.
More to discover