Cable advice for moderate system

Hi folks...i am helping a non-audiophile friend decide on cabling for a new HRT MusicStreamer DAC that he will be plugging into his system which consists of Thiel 0.5 speakers, Rotel RA-1062 integrated and RCD-1072 CD player. He has Kimber Hero ICs connecting his CD player to his integrated and bulk Kimber speaker wire that were terminated at a local audio shop. I guess the question is what IC and USB cable should he use with the $99 HRT MusicStreamer DAC without going crazy given the price of the DAC itself is less than a C-note. Also his laptop/seating position is about 8 feet away from the system, so is it better to do a short USB length to the HRT and long ICs to the RA-1062 or vice versa. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
cmalak
The USB cable is a non-issue. Ask computer people about this and you will get a blank look. 0s and 1s will come across just fine as long as the cable is not defective.

The IC should be adequate and well made. These guys will customize it, length, plug, everything,

http://www.redco.com/
"USB cable is a non-issue"? "0s and 1s will come across just fine"?

Geez... I thought it's an audiophile forum, where people know what they are talking about...
01-12-10: Jessenov
Geez... I thought it's an audiophile forum, where people know what they are talking about...

Do not get Trebejo started, you'll regret it, just walk away. Fair warning.

Cheers,
John