Power Conditioners

The more I read the more I am confused. Passive conditioners, power re-generators, new technologies, yikes!

I am suffering from the common system goes dead in the evening but magically comes back to life like a vampire at midnight. Seems like a clear sign the power is not what it should be. Have decent power cables with a PS Audio Quintet but been thinking a power conditioner might be just what my system needs to sound like midnight all the time.

As usual I am a victim of too much internet research but will probably start with a demo of an Isotek unit from my local hifi shop. Also have PS Audio Premier Powerplant, Torus, Richard Gray, and Furman in the general vicinity.

But then started reading user reviews of Audience (2T is not that pricey) and then MajikBuss and they sound like they have wow factor potential.

Okay need to come clean and admit that I have no dedicated power in this room - do in another room but that is my second system. Waiting for an electrician for a kitchen renovation to do dedicated circuits.

System is Accuphase integrated amp to Harbeth with good quality cd source and computer source as well. Any experience or advice to share with me about power conditioning?
ladavid
Probably hard to go wrong with Synergistic Powercell, Audience Teflon, or RSA conditioners. I'd certainly have those on my short list, which they are. But as someone who recently had dedicated lines installed, you might consider doing that first as your preference in conditioners might change once given a dose of clean power. Many would say you might decide to nix the conditioner altogether, but that's individual specific. Make sure you consult the good folks here before getting the dedicated lines installed, as I'm sure many electricians aren't schooled in the finer points and could end up hurting performance, cause problems, or both.

Best of luck.
I have tried many, many power conditioners, and have never met one I liked. They all do change the sound...and one might change the sound to something that pleases you. However, I have found that although one or two might do some things write, they all do something wrong as well. I have never come across one that after I've lived with the "improvements" for a week or so, and then removed it from the system, have not returned the unit for a refund. Listen carefully and test it yourself.
I have borrowed an Isotek Sigmas for the weekend. In my system the change is dramatic - question seems to be though is the change a good one. Sounds like many put in conditioning and then find when they take it out prefer it after. My sense is the usual more quiet background, more detail, more bass - my ears are saying what's not to like. This unit is about $3,000 new so not cheap - would like to demo some of the others but may just need to take a flyer and pick one.