Non-Latching or No Latch Female XLR Connector

My gaer has the non-latching or no latch female XLR connector installed as input. This is the first time I have a machine with such connector. Usually it would have a "PUSH" botton at the 12 oclock position for you to push in to release the cable.

Now without such "PUSH" botton, how can I change the installed cable if I want to try different cable later?

Hope someone had experiences with non-latching female XLR connector can provide the proper way to release connected cable.

Thanks in advance.

Otto
yu11375
Hello again Otto- You may find an audible signal degradation with an adapter, if the rest of your system is very resolving. Hopefully- you won't!
Hi Guidocoroda,

I don't consider it's a problem, just inconvenience. After all, it's an European manufacturer. They just might have different design concept(s) than we have here in USA.

Hi Rodman99999,

With EDGE as amplification and Montana EPX as loadspeakers, I do hope the impact would be minimal as revealation is less critical to my personal taste.

Again, thank you both for your suggestions.

Happy Listening.

Otto
Hi Guidocoroda,

Usually I do not post the manufacturer name that I have not positive experiences. After all, it is just my personal limited experience. It might work well in other settings and is fine with the taste of others.

Otto
Otto,

I suggest that you call the manufacturer directly, or email them, and ask for assistance. Do let us know their response. G.
I am thinking to put the XLR-RCA adopter as temporary solution.
Keep in mind that doing this is likely to have considerably greater sonic consequences than those caused by the adapter itself. By changing the cabling from XLR to RCA (if I understand correctly that doing that is what you are referring to), in addition to the cable change itself you will be changing the configuration of the interface circuit that is being used in the component driving the cable, you will be defeating the advantages balanced connections provide with respect to reduced susceptibility to ground loop issues and noise pickup, and you will be reducing overall system gain by 6 db.

If you do want to use an adapter, you might find that better results can be obtained by connecting an XLR male-to-male adapter in series with an XLR female-to-female adapter, which would avoid those potential downsides of using an XLR-to-RCA adapter. Of course, not using an adapter at all would still be preferable.

XLR male-to-male adapters

XLR female-to-female adapters

Regards,
-- Al