MIT Shotgun Question.

I have shotgun S3 from cdp (rotel 1072)to rotel pre 1069(in bypass mode) to rotel 1075 amp.The setting from cdp to pre is set at high as pre input sensitivity is 100kohm.The setting in shotgun S3 is set at low for pre to amp as amp is 33kohm.
Does anyone using Mit interconnects stay with the recommended settings?Reason I ask is when I set the IC going from pre to amp everything is very clean and crisp but lacks in musicality and is very cold sounding.There is just no smoothness to the music.But if I set the IC to medium from pre to amp the sound stage opens up and though there is a slight loss of clarity everything sounds more rounded.smooth and open.
Could the specs on my amp be wrong?This is not just with music from cdp but with all sources.Tv,dvd,bluray.Any thoughts from MIT users would be appreciated.Thanks.
shaunp
Ok ..Point well taken.I am going to cancel my selling of these IC's and do a full burn in on them.Only because of what is suggested here.So I have over 200 more hours more to put on them and then will give a critical listen and will post my results.Thanks.
One last thing.Can I use barrel connectors and chain multiple IC's for burn in.Thanks
Shaunp,

I owned 2 pairs of MIT S3 and an 8ft pair of Bi-wire S3 cables as but found the midrange was too forward and edgy.So, the first thing I done was to audition a new speaker wire, which I tried a biwire pair of MI2 Goertz and heard thing I've never heard with the MIT's and the edgy forward sound was gone and a very detailed with precise imaging and staging was almost lifelike. So I replaced the RCA with AQ Columbia and the same thing happened so I sold the MIT and returned the AQ and bought 2 pairs Dynamic Design MK2 IC and a 8ft pair of Bi-wire cable and man did my system change tremendously. My speakers really came to life, with the sounstage imerging from a blacker back ground. Imaging and depth is beyond the borders of the speakers and the speakers are totally invisible. Try as many cables as can and buy what sound right in your system. Give DD cables a try and see what you've been missing, the music.

Wig
I have owned many Mit cables over the years. Edgy midrange? No way.
I believe the cables have revealed a problem not related to the cable.
Just my opinion. Obviously Mit sells a boatload of cables.and I think that
if the midrange was edgy they wouldn't sell.
Joe
"Can I use barrel connectors and chain multiple IC's for burn in."

I've never considered that before. It may be ok with some cables, but I would not recommend trying that with the MIT's. However, you can always call MIT to get their opinion.

"the midrange was too forward and edgy."

I have to agree with Drjoe, no way.