SACD Interconnects

I know this has been discussed before but I need the latest input from the forum. Very simple question. The multi-channel audio output from an SACD player is a digital signal to the amp or prepro or AVR. Correct so far? OK, that being the case, should the 6 interconnects then be digital audio cable and not analog? Digital audio cable has a 75 ohm impedance and is coax construction which is evidently recommended for SACD output. Please comment. Thanks.
pdn
Kal,

Thanks - there are so many myths propagated about cables, lengths, materials etc. that feed the fears of audiophiles - some by reviewers. I am highly impressed with your practical no nonsense approach. Kudos to you for calling a spade a spade. Of course it makes no difference!
Thanks. I do believe that everything makes a difference but it is always a matter of degree or, even, order of magnitude. I have heard differences (with electronic delays) of ~1millisecond between the two channels of a stereo pair but a 1millisecond difference requires a cable length difference of more than 125miles! Who has room for such?!?

Kal
Thanks. I do believe that everything makes a difference but it is always a matter of degree or, even, order of magnitude. I have heard differences (with electronic delays) of ~1millisecond between the two channels of a stereo pair but a 1millisecond difference requires a cable length difference of more than 125miles! Who has room for such?!?

Kal

1 millisec is around the threshold of audibility for time delay.

Of course tolerances must be much tighter for drivers sitting adjacent to eachother and emmitting the same frequencies in a speaker array as you would certainly get cancellation or reinforcement (comb filtering effects). And since we hear frequencies we will very likely perceive this.

So in one case a millisec is very important and in another it just touches the threshold of audibility. IMHO, it is the misapplied extrapolation of one truth in one situation which often leads to the incorrect conclusion that tiny differences always matter. The reality is that tiny differences do matter in some particular cases but NOT ALL CASES.
I agree but my test was, imho, completely analogous to the situation with the unequal cable lengths. We simply instituted the delay of one channel electronically.

Kal
Wow, I guess I started quite a stimulating discussion. That's good. Thanks everyone. Again we all learned something. Turns out the manufacturer made good on their mistake and shipped me two 1 meter pair of ICs because they're a reputable firm and I'm returning the longer ones. Thanks again.