Anyone here have experience with MIT cabling ?

Hi guys,

Hope you guys dont mind me asking.
Anyone here have extensive experience with the different MIT cablings ? speaker cables or interconnects ?

For example, a $1000 avt ma interconnect from mIT, can these be compared to $1500 to $2000 cables from say another company like Cardas or Tara Labs ?

I can't find much reviews on these cables. How is the sound character of them ?

do they tend to be more on the warm, neutral or romantic sounding ?

I'm looking at the avt, shotgun or magnum series interconnects and speaker cables.

Is the jump from one model to the other a significant upgrade ?

Are they also universal in that it works in any speakers, any amp, s/s or tubes ?

Thanks for the inputs.

Noli
nolitan
Just a note to Mapman,

No offense for the glorious T2 but the Terminator are very old cables and their performances aren't even comparable to the newer series. In fact is enought to put in comparison a T2 with a Shotgun S3 ( I did it with the biwire version) to immediately realize tha the difference in favor of the S3 is HUGE.

Regarding the guy that opened the Oracle V2.1 is important to say that he isn't the original owner but he purchased it on the resale market.

Not a factor to underestimate because on the resale market there are around defective used MIT cables that appear cosmetically perfect. That's very tricky. Twice I had issues with used MIT cables that turned out not to perform properly and I had to pay MIT for the repair . The Oracle V2.1 noise issue sounds like the cables was defective. May be due to some improper use of the previous owner. Who knows?
For example a shortcut of an amplifer may cause a certain degree of damage to the components inside the MIT network box.

Alessandro1.

Please tell me more about the difference between Terminator series and other MIT cables you are familiar with?

Thanks.
Based on my experience in the "low" budget area the best value for the money in The MIT catalogue is by far the Shotgun S3. I had the S2 and S1 and I don't see that much of a difference. They are better than the S3 but at this point to have a real improvement the next step is to move to the Magnum seres.
The Magnum line has a quite different sound personality compared to the Shotgun. Warmer more articulated and detailed. Really a great product. My experience is limited to the Magnum M2.
Regarding the MA line and in cosideration of it's cost I haven't been terribly impressed by the Shotun MA that still carries the Shotgun personality although on steroids .
I have been really flattered by the Magnum MA.
This one is really terrific.
Basically a top of the line Oracle of the previous seres that has been miniaturized in a smaller network box.

I consider the Shotgun S3 and the Magnum MA followed by the Magnum M2 the best value for the money in the MIT line.
Unfortunately I can't afford the Oracle MA and I have no clue of which kind amazing perfomances is capabable of.

These comments are based on my personal experience and my audio components . Others may find different results due to different set up.
Alessandro,

Thanks for that but I was hoping you could describe the differences between these MIT products and the older Terminator 2 and 4 that I use in my system specifically?

Thanks.
Mapman,
like I said what you have are old cables that are far from the performances of the new products, even in the low range price like Shotgun S3
I wrote that the difference between T2 and S3 is huge and I confirm. The comment is referred to dynamic, microdetail, sound stage, low frequencies response etc....sorry I'm not a journalist but I think that this is pretty self explanatory.