Nordost flat line cabels vs norse series

What are the sonic character differences between the Nordost flat line cables and the Norse series? In particular I am interested in anyones experience with Red Dawn vs. Heimdall interconnects. Thanks.
robkapl
I have tried BH, Heimdal, Frey, valhalla. It is highly dependent on the amp/speaker that is being used with. With some amps or speakers, there is little differences if at all. With others, there is noticeable improvement in going up the line. Suggest the cable company
Mjordanas,
No I never tried the Frey. I have had the experience you did with a couple of higher end cables (an interconnect and a speaker cable). Being kind, they seemed too revealing for me or my system. I took them back. Nothing like paying too much money for something you enjoy less. I say, stick with the Heimdall IC.
chris
I have owned the Frey balanced interconnect. I didn't recall huge changes after the burn-in period but it did possess a slight tilt in the treble that some can associate with brightness or harshness. The Frey does have great resolution and detail and will match well with darker sounding components. It would be weird if higher-end Norse series of cables sound harsher than the lower-end as it should be the other way round. I have not tried the Heimdall so I cannnot comment.
>It would be weird if higher-end Norse series of cables >sound harsher than the lower-end as it should be the >other way round. I have not tried the Heimdall so I >cannnot comment.

I would say heimdall is very special cable which has its own unique taste, which is 3D, full bodied, rounded, romantic, blooooming midrange and with very unique high freq - detailed and absolutely no aggressive. I noticed that I can easily listen even more poorer quality CDs.

Frey.. I have not fully understood its character, as I waiting for a improvements after burn in.

Burning in is very important Nordost cables, with dealer demo heimdall, which have spent many hours in systems and burn in Nordost Vidar system, I saw massive improvement after 1-2 hours, or just next evening. First evening it was huge disapointment. After second listening session I saw just how different same cable can sound. amazing.

I even think downgrading to heimdall.. unbelievable :)
I currently own a mixture of Blue Heavens (which I'm phasing out - only one pair left), Red Dawns, and Heimdalls. In my system, I heard real improvements with the Heimdalls over the Red Dawns (which were only a marginal improvement over the Blue Heavens). The Heimdalls are more transparent, reveal more detail and depth/dimensionality, and have excellent transient response. I now intend to upgrade all of the cabling in my system from Red Dawns to Heimdalls, which are by a significant margin the best cables I've ever heard (or not heard...) in my system.