Whatever happened to Straight Wire?

Hi
It seems like Straight Wire is moving towards obscurity.For the past 10 years i haven't heard anything about any new products (Crescendo cable came out over 10 years ago and i rewired my system with it),they do not advertise and i haven't seen their cables on display in any high end stores around NY area.I hope everything is well with the company because it was their Crescendo cables that gave me a decade of sonic bliss.
overhang
I've never tried Straightwire IC's but in my system the Maestro II speaker cables are more balanced and open with my Thiels than a long list of contenders mentioned above and then some. The top end is impressive, totally open, extended, and airy but not bright or splashy as some cables can be, especially with Thiels. They also have tons of low level detail in the midrange. The SW's just really surprised me!

I know Thiel uses SW for internal wire or used to, don't know if they still do, SW's web site is older than dirt. Surely, that can't be the connection! That would be too easy.
I believe the original Straightwire designer is the guy who spun off WireWorld. Sraightwire never really recovered from that.
I too use Thiel 3.6's and the bottom end with the Kimber 8TC is mind blowing via my Bryston 7b-sst's. Though in using the Serenade's I will sacrifice some of the very deep bottom for everything else they do so well in my room.

I don't know what is going on with Steve Hill and hopefully he is well. He is a transplanted New Yorker who moved to Florida. You know what they say about Florida, its for the "Dead and dying!" Hopefully Steve and his business are not among that group.
I forgot to add that Thiel continues to use Straightwire for its internal wiring and for voicing their speakers. Albeit even though they introduce a new model only every 5 years or so. I was told this directly by Kathy Gornick.