Cable angst and Vandersteen 2 ce signature

I've been lurking here quite a while. Informed folks on the analog forum helped me to select a Rega P5 turntable I'm very happy with. Listening to all the buzz about speaker cables makes me wonder if I'm missing something. I use a Yamaha 100 watt HT amp into the Vandersteens with usually the analog source. When digital, it's a Denon 2900. For those of you with experience with these specific speakers, can I do better, much better, or fantastically better than the Cardas cross link basic cables sold to me by my Vandersteen dealer 9 years ago (they're bi-wire with spades). Many thanks for your expertise. My budget is somewhere south of $800 for a 6' pair.
joe_in_seattle
Harmonic Technology Fantasy cable works well for my 2Ces and didn't cost an arm and a leg. Single crystal construction sounds great. Also I used Audioquest spades at the speaker end as they are a perfect fit to the Vandy strip.
You should try the Synergistic Research Tesla Accelerator. There is a used bi-wire version on Audiogon for $800 or best offer right now. That is a great deal...
I suppose that your 9 year old 2CE's are worth about the same as you propose to spend on speaker cables.

Time for a "sense check" => a cable is just some wire - should never cost as much as your speakers! Would you put high end Pirellis on a 9 year old Saturn (tires worth more than the car)?
I can't go for larger speakers in the room I have. I'm only concerned with getting the best out of them that I can.
best out of your speakers/system....

Have you considered acoustic treatments - you can do quite a lot for $800 bucks?

How about a power conditioner - if you have dirty power or weak power supplies or noisy PC's connected to the same electric circuits or your devices have less than highly robust power supplies then you might get an audible improvement for as little as $100 (Monster entry level) or as much as $500 for an active conditioner from APC or more from other high-end reputable companies - you usually get some surge protection too.

Just a thought...