Favorite international pressings

Lately I've been wondering about international pressings generally. I try to buy my favorite artists on Japanese CD whenever I can, because the clarity is just better across the board. And it's relatively easy to find Japanese products. But I feel like the best sounding CDs in my collection (3 or 4) were pressed in France. These seem to have the highest resolution.

Does anyone have an opinion on international pressings? If I could, I would pursue French pressings more often, at least to test my hypothesis. But now I think all European discs say "EU," so it's impossible to know which came from where.

Where do you get your favorite discs? Does anyone know how to seek out French recordings specifically? I've been to Amazon.fr, but it's not clear which are actually made in France.
rfprice
Are u talking about Redbook CD's and what type of music? For classical, harmonia mundi is a top record label in France and only issues high quality recordings. Also, the cds pressed in Holland and Germany are of very high quality.
But a cd with a German copyright does not necessarily mean that it was pressed in the EU. I always check for the country of origin.
Discogs is a good website to use in researching where disks are pressed.
Yes, I mean Redbooks, and I listen to all types of music. I have several from Harmonia Mundi, that's a great example. I even have two CDs from the mid-90s--a Marley CD and a Stone Roses CD--that were pressed in France and they sound better, of higher resolution, than many other and newer CDs in my collection. And I have some German-made CDs that are of similar quality. I actually prefer these CDs to my Japanese CDs. Maybe I don't have the terminology right, but it seems that whereas the Japanese CDs have better clarity, the Euro CDs have better resolution.
To find country of origin on Discogs...on the right side of page there are options to choose. Genre, CD or vinyl, and lastly country. Choice of US, UK, EU, Holland, France, etc.
BTW I will always take an import over a US pressing. My exception is a pressing from Russia or Czech...terrible sound. And I have found that UK is not always superior to US.
I agree, I'm roundly disappointed by US pressings. And I've had the same experience with UK discs (some better, some not). Actually, I know about Discogs but it seems that most everything is subsumed under "EU." I don't find many broken out by individual country. I've taken to emailing some of the Euro sellers to ask where their discs were made. Sometimes they reply, other times not.

I finally broke down and ordered the Dylan Tempest CD from Amazon because I couldn't be sure about the EU pressings. This one was made in Mexico, which I guess isn't unusual these days. Still, I think I'm going to send it back and keep looking.