Shunyata PC's - Taipan/Python Helix

Hello,

Do users of either the Shunyata Taipan/Python Helix PC's from the wall through a Hydra 8 find that using these cords tends to lower the output level of music being played?

I am testing both these cords and found that I have to play anywhere from 3 to 10 db higher to get the sound up when using a different PC (all other items remaining the same) and with the same track/disc...

Both these cords snap the music into focus and smoothens out the sound versus my DIY Furutech PC (with Furutech gold receptacles)....The difference is really quite remarkable.

The Taipan is good but the Python really gives a fuller body to the music....but as I observed, tends to lower the sound level...

Between the two, the Python does a better job, widens the soundstage and makes it nice...and easy to listen to..no fatique....

I do note a little veiling (could be a little more transparent) of the music but this could be due to my 13 year old JVC source being the cause or the Shunyata cable characteristics.....I am in the process of looking for a new source...

My other question is whether the Virtual Dynamics Nite II/Master series or Black Sand Violet/Silver Reference are in the same league of the Shunyatas? I am considering these cables...

I listen to Jazz Vocals, Vocals, LAtin, World music and pop...

WOuld appreciate your comments before I take the plunge...

Thanks....

My equipment consists of:

Speakers - Aerial Acoustics Model 9
Amps - McCormack DNA 225 x 2 Platinum upgrade with ARC 2 (monoblocks done by SMC Audio)
Pre - McCormack RLD 1 Platinum Upgrade
CD Player - JVC XL 1050 TN (in the process of upgrading)
Speaker Cables - Kimber BiFocal XL
Pre/Power IC - Acoustic Zen Silver Reference 2
Source to PRe IC - Cardas Golden Reference
Conditioner - Hydra 8
PC's - a whole bunch of DIY's (and I think they are holding back a lot of the sound)...
Room Size is 13' x 15' x 9'8"
teck5
Hi,

Tplavas - your comments are interesting...I wonder if there are others out there like me who are not able to fully comprehend the technical aspects...The Pythons seem to look like they have Rhodium pins....

Frankly I seem to like the initial loudness of the DIY's but once you put in the Python, it seduces you into the music...

Audphile1 - I don't know how long the cables have been running...they look kind of new and the dealer took them out his set up to loan them to me..

I know the source needs to be replaced and still into my evaluation of players...so your comments are well noted..I listened to a Audio Note CDT 3 transport mated to a Reimyo DAP 777 at the dealers to do an initial voicing before a home trial....it was pretty good...

THis week I get to do voicings for the Wadia 581, MBL 1511/1521 combo and possibly the Audio Aero....Unfortunately the dealer for EMM Labs wont bring in the CDSA (one box) till the middle of the year...he says that this is to make sure there are no lingering bugs (if any)...

Nolitan777 - I am trying out your suggestion of plugging the McCormacks to the wall with the Python...sounds a little faster with this..

The only problem is that he could only spare one cable at a time...so in my test...if the Python is plugged into the Hydra8, then I can listen to the full set up...

If I test the Python into individual components, either into or out of the Hydra 8 into the wall, then I listen to one amp/one speaker... since there is one cable...and I have monoblocks...

On another note...have any of you tried the Black Sand and Virtual Dynamics PC's....do they exhibit what the Python is doing....

Thanks for the comments and suggestions...please keep them coming...
Teck5,

i have another friend who on the advise of steve mccormack to use the hydra with his modded mccormack. Funny as it may seem, it did not work out either. The mccormack in his set-up preferred plug straight to the outlet without any ac conditioner. He preferred the mccormack with a good pc like the dcca ref straight to the outlet.

I feel the same effect as my friends so my mc will most likely to directed straight to outlet.
You may want to consider TRL modded Sony 900 Player for your digital source. I own it - it replaced a more expensive player. There are others who have similar expereince. You may want to serach for TRL in audiogon. or call Paul - contact at tuberesearchlabs.com

His Power Cords do an excellent job with conditioning - or getting rid of EMI/RFI - without robbing music or current. I own his power cords and won't replace them with anything

Cheers