RCA cleaners

Hi,

There used to be plastic RCA cleaners--you'd put cleaning solution on them and they'd fit onto the RCA connectors on the equipment. They were white (I remember this because after cleaning, they'd come out black with dirt). The company that made them went out of business in the 1990s. Does anyone make anything like this now? There was nothing better (that I knew of) for getting into the RCA jacks on equipment.

Thanks!

Matt
descartes
Matt, please do!

If the Canadian version is the same I will go for several packages. I have enough of the original Japan version that I did not want to buy and return to FatWyre if disappointed. Do you have any originals to compare with?

Unsound, a brush? My mind has gone blank, please remind me what the topic was or what the brush was for.
Unsound/Albert - perhaps this is the brush:
http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=CAIAB100

Also, here's a thread from last year that has some opinion on RCA cleaning:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1115777162&openfrom&1&4#1

I also ordered some of the cleaners from Fatwyre, and anxiously waiting for them to arrive . . .
I don't have any of the originals, but I remember them very well. These are described as porous, so, we can hope they're the same... I'll know probably as soon as I touch one; I'll certainly know after I put some cleaning fluid on them and start getting into those RCA jacks.

So, news to come as soon as I get any...

Matt
My Signet RCA cleaners were delivered today. They're molded from what looks like is recycled plastic. One end is male to clean RCA jacks, the other female to clean interconnects. The instructions say they may be used dry or with solution. I ran one sample cleaning and was reasonably pleased. I can't compare to the model Albert has, only to what I have already which is basically nothing (ie qtips and towels). I was surprised that the cleaning solution adhered to the cleaner as well as it did, and it appeared to do a good job of cleaning all contacts (+ and -) with one easy motion. Since the amp I cleaned has not been placed back in service it's too early to vouch for the results. I'm going to work over my whole rig this weekend and will try to report.
The plastic is harder than I remember in the original cleaners. So, if I had to guess, I suspect the cleaner and dirt won't stick to them as they stuck to the original plastic. But I won't know for sure until I try.

The original Signets were made of this fairly soft, pretty obviously porous plastic. These are made of harder, glossier plastic.

Matt