Why do new cables needs to be "broken" ???

Could some one please explain me why do new cables needs to be run minimum 10 hours before the sound quality to stabilise ? What are the mechanical explanations ?
Thanks
pierrehaas69
Rgaims...sounds like you have quite a hobby there. Enjoy!

Hi Pabelson. Thanks for sharing your experience. So, when you were a listener, you changed from what to what? When you're not a listener, are the changes still evident or do you revert back? If you don't revert back, do you change more and more every time you become a listener?

I know. I'm a real smartass but sometimes comments are hilariously irresistible. I'll restrain myself. I have my moments too.

Cheers!

Robert
RSAD
Take for example Israel Blume's Coincident IC's and speaker wire, needing a minimum of 200+ hours break-in and he was correct, of course. It toke every bit of that time to start sounding sweet... Why? Who knows, but it's true. I have never had a single piece of equipment (including wire) that was this resistant to showing its true colors, which are very few (very neutral). Selling expensive Hifi wire is hard enough without this situation and by the way for 299.00USD a first meter for IC's, it is a true bargain. I wonder how many will endure the break-in to glean the results. Count me in as one. Cheers!
I can't believe this thread is getting traction. If I've said it once, I've said it once: In a new cable, the music doesn't know where to go. It's timid from the new environment. After a while, the music gets used to the new component (in this case a cable) and feels at home. At that point, it gets "home court advantage" and will outperform any new cable of the same type.

Anyone want to talk about Richard Hardesty and the Wilson MAXX again?
It's a proven fact that cables kept in captivity, even mistreated ones, eventually come to view their owners as parental figures. Once aware of their complete dependence on you for their very existence, the expensive ones especially so, they forego all natural principle and do whatever the system demands.

On top of that, those cables cased in little wooden boxes only awaken to their intended task during moments of total darkness upon hearing the ca-ching of their dealer's cash register.