REALITY CABLES ?

Has anyone tried these cables from Gregg Straley yet? http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=21478
tin_cup
Stereo_phile wrote >>I have to admit that I was purposely harsh and tainted in my comments on his cables due to the fact that I was having problems obtaining refund which now I understand to be not Gregg's fault but someone hacking into his Paypal account that was causing the delay.<<

This is one of the most disturbing admissions on Audiogon. How does a reader deal with this in the context of assuming that reviews are honestly "hearing-only based" and not subject to anger/frustration with the manufacturer on an entirely different level? Or is this just normal human nature and Stereo_phile is more honest than most? I'll tell you what it does for me: I will ignore reviews and just listen myself!
Springbok10,
Right you are: listen for yourself.
You should always check out previous posts on a variety of topics made by anyone you are thinking of accepting as your guru.
Usually the majority view on a topic is worth looking into, and the existence of a home trial policy lets you avoid buyer's remorse with new items.
To arbitrarily ignore reviews and the threads that follow would be depriving yourself of one of Audiogon's strengths.
Also, it is still a sign of good character for Stereo_phile to admit what caused a biased or inaccurate comment.
It is going on five years that Reality IC's (the OFC RCA jack option is worth the extra cost) and speaker cable reside in two of my systems, never displaced after years of listening for myself. As far as Gregg's website appears to me, his wonderful wiring is still basically made as it always has been, a tribute to getting it right (I have said this in posts elsewhere, but it is what I believe).
I agree
I love Greggs cables and wouldn't change them unless I was willing to spend 10x more $$$$$

Looks like last review was almost 13 years ago. Any updates?

Anyone tried Reality Cables' brand new Reference Line? Balanced Interconnects are $500/1m+$25/ft, RCA $400/1m+$25/ft. 

I just bought a set of these interconnects that came out in late 2021. Danny Ritchie at GR Research said they are his current favorite interconnects for delivering big performance for an amazing value. 

I'd really like to know how they compare to Synergistic Research Foundation cables. 

stereo_phile,

Nice equipment you got but there's something even better now than the round OCC and that's rectangular OCC made by Neotech not cheap but even better than the round OCC and I totally agree with your assessment of the reality cables as far as I can see they're just using ofc conductors which are very inferior to OCC but check out the neotech rectangular stuff, I got the Sahara which is their copper rectangular OCC and the Sahara interconnect which uses copper and silver OCC and they totally blew away my Harmonic technology pro 9 SE gen 3 and my harmonic magic ll interconnects.