New Helix PowerSnakes Cable From Shunyata ?

Hi, just like to know is Shunyata launching their new line of Helix PowerSnakes Cable ?

I notice from their website that the color of Taipan, Python & Anaconda are difference. They also indicated "New Helix PowerSnakes "

Thanks.
jeremy

Absolutely. Based on our Beta trials, the Python HELIX Series is a significant improvement over the previous Anaconda, and not in a subtle way. The HELIX Taipan, is an improvement over the previous Python, and also, significantly so.

As I said previously, we take change seriously because it represents a large investment on our part, and the update would not have been made if we thought is was in the "tweak" realm.

All that said, the proofs in the putting.

Grant
Shunyata Research
Grant S - does it follow then that the Anaconda Helix Vx and Anaconda Helix Alpha cords are significant improvements over the previous Anaconda's. If so, can you shed some feedback from the Beta trials relative to the sonic improvements that the beta testers experienced? Thanks for any input you can provide.
Electraglide Epiphany vs. Shunyata Helix Python VX on Esoteric X-01 in brief:

Epiphany: Sonically grand, Giant outwardly layered sound stage, forward, energetic fast transients, energetic treble, overlapping large instrument images. Attenuated sustained bass and mid bass Can sound chesty on bowed cello. Impressive on plucked strings and percussive music. Treble energy may sound excessive to some listeners.

Shunyata Helix Python VX: Extremely musical and controlled, Moderately large sound stage, moderately recessed and three-dimensional, realistic transients, treble to bass extended but controlled, instrument images extremely well defined with 'air' around them, significant amounts of low level instrument and hall decay. No glare. Bowd cello moderately resonant on all 4 strings. Appears to require slightly more linestage gain than Epiphany. Slightly layed back compared to Epiphany for some listeners.

We all seemed to concur that Python is overall more 'musical' than Epiphany, while Epiphany is more 'impressive'. In an ideal world we would like to experience the sheer grandness of the Epiphany combined with the musicality, controlled extension, precise and graceful imaging and sweetness of the Helix Python. Would the Anaconda Helix VX be perhaps the solution? Or perhaps the Anaconda helix Alpha, as the X-01 may perhaps not require the extra filtration provided by the VX series? More testing is required. If the choices were only the two cables tested, Babybear would prefer to live with the Epiphany, while Guido and CMO would feel happier with the Python Helix VX.

Overall system consisted of the following components/wires:
Teac Esoteric X-01, powered by both Epiphany and Python Helix VX.
VAC Ren II powered by Shunyata Anaconda Alpha (non Helix).
Theta Citadels powered by Elrod Statement 1.
Vandersteen 5A.
Ics were all AudioQuest Sky XLR.
Speaker wire were Audio Quest Kilimanjaro biwire shot gun..
Power for all components was regenerated by Exact Power EP15A units.
Would the Anaconda Helix VX be perhaps the solution?

Or perhaps the Epiphany X??

Thanks for the review Guido.

FWIW, I'm just wrapping up an audition myself. I'm comparing a pair of Virtual Dynamics Master series power cords to a pair of Electra Glide Ultra Khan II Statement Revised/Revelation on my BAT VK-600SE amplifier.

I also found the Electra Glide's to be very quick, nimble and agile. Speed is very impressive. I heard detail that I didn't know existed.
The VD Master is much more full-bodied and musical, yet I don't feel as if I'm missing out on anything. There is a pleasant harmonic 'rightness' to the Master's that is very impressive.

Both cords are very quiet, and offer black backgrounds. As of this moment, with the music that's playing (Sonny Rollins Tenor Maddness), I favor the VD Master. I could see favoring the Electra Glide's in a different mood, or with some different music. How crazy would that be? Changing the power cords around to suit the music that's playing? I need to stop now.

I think I'll try one of the Electra Glide UK II R/R's against the Nordost Valhalla on my BAT VK-51SE this weekend just for some fun.

John
John, have you had a chance to audition the DCCA power cord yet? If so, what have you compared it to and what was your impression of it? Thanks

Arnie