Suggestions for upgrading audioquest interconnects

My current system is composed of the following:
Amp: Krell fpb 300cx
Preamp: Conrad Johnson premier 18LS
CD Player: Music Hall 25 with level 2 mods by underwood Hifi
Speakers: JM Reynaud Offrande
All have original power cords. Speaker wire is JM Reynaud biwired. I have audioquset Diamonback interconnects with cardas xlr to rca adapters out of the Krell since the Conrad Johnson only has rca jacks.

I listen to Jazz and blues mostly. I am satisfied with the sound in general but feel I can get more out of my system. I have spent countless hours positioning speakers and furniture and feel I have everything I can get with what I have.

I really feel my next step is to upgrade my cables.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
leatherneck1812
Leatherneck:

I have to agree with Teajay. I've never been a fan of AQ cables, either. You might want to give a call to the Cable Company. They have a huge inventory of all kinds of cables, and loan them out for 30-day auditions. Like TeaJay said, the only way to know for sure is to try them yourself. It can be a daunting task, as there are many worthy cables out there, but the folks at CC are very helpful and can probably help you narrow your choices. Personally, I use Jena Labs cabling throughout my system, and even their affordable stuff is top-notch, IMO. Definitely worth an audition--they're the most neutral yet revealing cables I've had in my room.
I have a system not too far from yours in cost, and am using a 2m Diamondback between pre and power amps as an interim solution. I auditioned the King Cobra and Jaguar cables but the Diamondback just seemed to have the most "natural" presentation and I went with it for simplicity. IMO if you stay with Audioquest then be prepared to spend some SERIOUS money on cables by going above the Jaguar, otherwise start looking at other brands.
Leatherneck1812, I can't speak for the AQ line either but, can I suggest that power cord change at your scource could yeild excellent results for you. My AR CD2 has made an amazing change in everyway thru the addition of my Polestar pc from Locus Designs, additionally I have found huge improvements thru vibration isolation peieces from Bright Star, with your musical listening tastes this could be a very favorable direction for you to consider.
See:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1120829411&openusid&zzR_f_sayles&4&5#R_f_sayles

Cheers!
I would suggest trying viper which is a discontinued cable non dbs but is available used from time to time. I used them on both amp to pre-amp and cd player to pre-amp and liked them very much before upgrading to anaconda. They were detailed and uncolored in their presentation. I like audioquest cables and have not had any urge to switch brands.

Chuck