Phono preamp with two inputs: two MMs or MM+MC?

These days many phono preamps with one input support both MM and MC. Those with two inputs have one MM and one MC input. It means that those phono preamps have an SUT or some sort of amplification built inside the unit.
Such phono preamps would cost more compared to those that support MM input(s) only.
Is it a trend for phono preamps to have switchable MM/MC input? According to my experience with two turntables or two tonearms (one with MM and one with MC), it is a nuisance to change cables whenever I change from MM to MC or vice vursa.
Also, I have an SUT for MC cartridges and I don't need a direct MC input, so phono preamps with two inputs (MM and MC) are useless for me. I would assume that there are a lot of users with multiple turntables with MC and MM cartridges who prefer SUTs over built in amplification. For those users, isn't it make more sense to make phono preamps with multiple (two or three) MM inputs only?
128x128ihcho
BTW, I have not heard a London/Decca cartridge so I can't comment on how it sounds. (I want to hear it.)
RGR (Robert Grodinsky Research) made a very nice preamp back in the 70s & 80s that had 2 MM inputs with independently adjustable loading specifically to address a broad variety of situations. The first version was Model 4 and the second (improved) was Model 4-1. Both were very well reviewed and you can find some of that information online. I bought a 4-1 second-hand in 1982 and used it with two tables until 2012. Had to retire it due to a couple of circuit failures and haven't decided if I'm going to fix it yet.

When it was operating properly, I thought it sounded terrific. They sell for $500 or so in very good condition and were made both silver and black face, with and without rack ears. Also features stereo, left only, right only, reverse and mono selector, low filter, 2 tape loops, an external processor loop with bypass switch, tuner and auxiliary inputs. Something to check into if your interested.

Good luck and happy listening!
THere are probably fewer than 100 of these phono preamps because they're handmade by one person, Mark Voigt, but he makes an all-tube handwired phono stage called the MAGI Phonomenal. I have one of the older models with one stereo pair of phono inputs, but his newer version has two pairs, switchable from the front panel. There's no MC high-gain input. This preamp does, however, have a gain attenuator to bring out the best in MI, MM, and HOMC. There are also two configuration knobs on the front, one with six impedance values ranging from 47 ohms to 100K ohms. The other selector offers capacitance loads from 0 pF to 300 pF. My older model doesn't have the 0 pF selection.

Here's a picture of one.

If you Google "Mark Voigt MAGI Phonomenal" you'll find plenty of threads discussing this unit as well as contact information.

BTW, the sound of this is truly "phonomenal." It's about $1K and has been favorably compared to the Manley Steelhead, which is around $6500.
At just $125 over your budget (unfortunately), the KAB Souvenir EQS MK12 offers two inputs and nearly infinite adjustability . If you're into historic mono recordings, it also offers a series of pre-RIAA eq curves.
-Bob