Morrison Elad, Some opinions Please.

I am considering a Morrison Elad pre-amp woul appreciate some feedback, my Gear is as follows

Talon Audio perigrin speakers
Sim Audio W-5 Amp
Metronome CD-1V Tube Cd Player

I am using a Citation 5.0 Processor as my pre-amp for now.
lmathias
lmathias: the morrison elad preamp has been the subject of a great deal of discussion and controversy at audiogon. a search on the word "elad" will bring up 33 related threads. searching on "morrison" will give you 65 threads. you might wanna' read through a few of these to see if your questions have already been addressed. if your thirst is not quenched with audiogon’s archives, i suggest you then search those of AA-kelly
i own one. it's the absolute greatest bargain in audio. i mean it. call don morrison and talk to him. the elad adds nothing to the sound. anyone who complains about is really complaining about another part of their system. if you like a "tube" sound don't get the elad. it is a solid state,digitally oriented piece of equipment. go to the morrison website and read the bench test results. it exploded a conrad-johnson unit costing 15k.
I also love my ELAD and think it is an incredible bargain. There was one guy here who had an axe to grind with Morrison and plastered it all over the audio boards. To each his own.
lmathias: the two posts above this one were likely left by folks who used to be called "shills." in cyberspeak they're known as "sockpuppets." read the threads to which i directed you; the morrison elad is not something about which "one guy had an axe to grind...." let me put it simply: if you buy into the claims of don morrison, you'd better be prepared to buy into his marketing politics, as well. and, if you ever say anything like i just have, expect to be threatened by don's imaginary legal corps. i quiver with anticipation. -kelly