Tad 1000's quiet?

Have a TAD 150 sig along side my 1000's and some Mirage speakers (not sure of the model). I can literally turn the pre all the way up running my Basis turntable or iPhone. Am I missing something?
brinmeliss
Out of curiousity have you tried hooking a CD player up to the 150 and or trying the other inputs? I owned the 150 and regret selling it, also about to get my 1000's back. Whatever you do don't use kt 66 tubes in them
Have tried all the outputs to no avail. Have not tried a CD player. I did figure out that it is equally as loud bypassing the pre and hooking up to the 1000's. Either it's an issue with both 1000's (odd) or ..... Or I don't know. Like my source isn't putting out but that would be odd that my laptop, turntable and iPhone would all found pretty similar in db.
"02-18-15: Johnnyb53
The TAD 150 Signature's phono stage is made for high output cartridges. The OP's Lyra Clavis puts out a low 0.25mV."

That should be what's wrong. If you're using a low output cartridge with a low output phono stage, the system should sound exactly like you describe. Try connecting a regular line level Source component to one of the other inputs on you preamp. (CD/DVD player would be best, and it doesen't have to be anything high end. Any player will do). Just make sure not to connect it to the phono input, it has to be one of the others. If the system works OK, then you're going to have to change something in your TT setup.