Tad 1000's quiet?

Have a TAD 150 sig along side my 1000's and some Mirage speakers (not sure of the model). I can literally turn the pre all the way up running my Basis turntable or iPhone. Am I missing something?
brinmeliss
The TAD 150 Signature's phono stage is made for high output cartridges. The OP's Lyra Clavis puts out a low 0.25mV.

I also wonder how you couldn't notice the totally tipped up treble and rolled off bass (i.e., completely unlistenable tonal balance) when connecting your turntable directly to the TAD monoblocks without benefit of RIAA equalization.

Based on your last post, you need to talk to the previous owner, your uncle. It's hard enough for us to ferret out the specs and characteristics of the discontinued standard model. Since it's a modified one-off, we have no idea what it does or doesn't do.
Gotya Johnny, I enjoy listening to music and put out for a satisfactory system. Not sure of all that you speak of, you obviously are a seasoned vet. This rookie just wonders why his system doesn't crank. Sounds great but low db.
Shouldn't you have a pair of 6v6 tubes in the place of the el34? In not too familiar with this amp but having 1 el34 tube in each amps seems odd to me.