Tad 1000's quiet?

Have a TAD 150 sig along side my 1000's and some Mirage speakers (not sure of the model). I can literally turn the pre all the way up running my Basis turntable or iPhone. Am I missing something?
brinmeliss
Something is definitely wrong. I had a tad 60 and a 150 and at 10 o'clock on my preamp my 86 db proacs were very loud. Have you turned the gain all the way up on the amps?

Has it always been this way or did it start recently?
Bad tubes? Its a pretty basic setup and it has been like this since I purchased both the TAD pre and amp. Was pretty exited to get the equipment hooked up and quickly bummed at the output. I think something has got to be off.....
Have you used either the pre or the amps with different equipment to narrow down the problem? I would try running a source straight to the amps since the have a gain control to see if its the amp. Also what tubes are you using in the preamp?
I would have to check the tubes but they are the recommended types. I have used my TT, iPhone, laptop. Fresh out of sources. All tubes illuminate but I do not have a tube tester.