Windfield Cartridge

Anyone have a viewpoint on this one?
128x128stringreen
Thanks Dkarmeli......VPI recommended this cartridge to me (I now have a Benz LPS which I've had for awhile and am looking for a replacement). I have been looking at an Atlas or Etna, but VPI said in the real world this Ortofon is a great cartridge.
I own the Ortofon A90. Great cartridge indeed, however with one proviso.

The replicant 100 stylus, which is also on the Winfeld has an extreme profile and mine barely lasted 1200 hours. That get expensive if you want to rebuild.

My Dynavector and Lyra cartridges with their micro line last at least 2-3 times longer.

Even thou I really like the A90, I will never buy another carttidge with replicant 100 stylus.

cheers
You're welcome Stringreen! Of course I'm biased towards Ortofon and prefer it but in reality you won't go wrong with any of these cartridges.

david

Disclaimer- Ortofon dealer
I have the Windfield and the A-90. Set up correctly, they are excellent. I use them on my Avid Volvere TT with origin Illustrious tonearm and it is a spectacular paring. I know for a fact that I have much more than 1200 hours on both carts and have never had a problem
Wasn't there an issue regarding the ability or willingness of Ortofon to re-tip the A90 with an OEM type stylus? Did they run out of Replicant 100 styli?