Another cartridge suggestion thread

Hi All,
I am in the market for a new cartridge and need a few suggestions to look into. I am looking for a warm low noise cart. Currently I am using an Ortofon Winfeld which I'm not totally unhappy with, but it is a little noisy and have some distortion issues. Also I want to try something a bit warmer.

Have been reading threads on the Dynavector XV-1s and the Koetsu RSP. They both sound promising. I am open for any suggestions. It is a major purchase, so I'm doing as much research as I can.

My current set up:
Brinkman Bardo
Graham supreme II
VAC Ren. mk III / with phono
VAC PHI 200
Wilson Sofia's
All Transparent cable

Music preference: Jazz, blues and female voice.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Matt
mwilliams
"but it is a little noisy and have some distortion issues"

Have you checked your setup ?

I currently run a XV-1s and Highly recommend it, lots of body and great dynamics.

Another option I'd encourage you to check out is the new Lyra Etna, installed one at a customers table a while back, great sounding too.

Good Listening

Peter
I have Wilson Sophias, Transparent cables, and VPI Scoutmaster with Herron VTPH 2 phono stage. I use a Soundsmith Paua, which is great all around, and especially with the midrange. Great balance, resolution; very low noise floor. I love it. Also, I am using HiDiamond phono cables.
Brinkmann Audio EMT-Ti

Call Steve Klein at Sounds of Silence. He has a demo for sale. No affiliation, but I have dealt with Steve, and he is a great guy, with superb customer service.
Music preference: Jazz, blues and female voice

I would recommend Zyx cartridges. They are all good from soundstage, overall voicing and rhythm. A great match for Graham Arms, too.
You see, this is why I suggested that the admin add a permanent thread so we can ask for these suggestions. Ain't that a good idea? To whom should it be directed?

I have a square motored Well Tempered Classic table; EAR 834P phono (Singerman modded); and a Shelter 501 MkII cartridge.
I'd like to upgrade the cartridge, any suggestions on a compatible fit? (In the $2K area, however).

Upgrade cartridge or new phono stage?