Replicant 100 stylus longevity - truth or myth?

There are some contradicting opinions on the net about the longevity of the Replicant 100 stylus. 1200 hours, 1000 hours, 800 hours, 600 hours...

I know there have been quite a few discussions in regards to this but I still can't seem to find anything really confirmative as to whether they last longer than that or not except for a couple of Ortofon claims. If there is anyhing I've missed, I'd be grateful if you could point it out to me.

Has anyone clocked more than 1500 hours on any of the Ortofons that use this stylus profile? Opinions?

Thanks!
128x128janhavjar
Truth.

My A90 got to about 1200 hours. I no longer use it, which is a pity as it sounded great.

My two dynavector XV-1s have lasted for around 3000-3500 hours, currently on my 3rd and my current Atlas is rated to last at least 2500 to 3000. only time will tell on that, however both stylus profiles of the XV-1s and Atlas are similar - but not the same.

I believe the lack of longevity is due to its extreme stylus profile.

No more replicant 100 cartridges for me as they do not last log enough.

cheers
Great to have the input from an actual user! I'm toying with the idea of getting an Anna, so it would be great to hear from people that have some real world experience with the R100 stylus...

Mate, are you sure your RCM is up to the task :P
Dear Janhavjar: Always is important to know that cartridge spec by the manufacturer and obviously from cartridge users but IMHO could be more critical and important one fact:

almost any today top cartridge as the A90 you own could last over 2K hours ( the manufacturer of my Allaerts proclaim that last over: 6K+ hours!! ). The subject here for me is not how many hours could last but HOWM MANY HOURS COULD LAST WITH OUT START/BEGIN MAKING ANY DAMAGE TO OUR PRECIOUS LPs.

This is IMHO the important subject about. I posted twice on this regards and seems to me that almost no one gives the importance to the subject.
I have not any evidence or facts that could confirm this: I think that over 500 hours the stylus tip could start to show the wear/erosion that not only could start to make some kind of damage to the LPs but that could make that the cartridge performs with lower quality performance.
Many of us can't hear those tiny performance changes not only because are a tiny ones but because we are accustom to the cartridge and equalized over time, so we only be aware of changes in quality cartridge performance when those changes are higher.

I would like that stylus tip manufacturers could come here and put some light about or that any one of them could take this subject and make a research through scientific tests to achgieve results and give to all their avid customers this information.

Gentlemans, remember that the more precious " gems " in our audio system hoby are the LPs and we need that the cartridge stylus tip be always in PRISTINE condition/shape to make the lower/less damage to the LPs.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Downunder, thanks for the good info. My A90, too, is getting a little long in the tooth--or maybe short in the tooth is the better metaphor, since we're talking about wear on the tip. I'm curious, how did you determine yours was finished, by sonics or examination?
To my knowledge Jan Allaerst uses Gyger S for all of his carts. The Gyger S is designed by van den Hul for Gyger and also used by Lukaschek by some Benz carts ( SP and Ruby 3s). According to Fremer the Replicant is similar to Gyger S qua shape ( see his revieuw about A90).

Regards,