Phonostage

Need help. Purchased a cartridge,benz micro LPS, currently have a nova phonomena phonostage which I believe is my weak link. Would like to upgrade phonostage with tube or solid state with at least 62 db of gain. After a natural sound with lots of detail. Listen mostly to jazz to include female singers would like to have as much depth as possible. Budget is $5000 new or used. Suggestions please.
128x128needfreestuff
Linn Uphorik!

I compared the Sutherland 20/20, Parasound JC-3 and Linn Uphorik and decided to get the Linn Uphorik.

It's extremely quiet and provides loads of settings to match most cartridges.

Here is a link to an excellent review of the Linn Uphorik:
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/amplifiers/linn-uphorik-690224/review
Aesthetix Rhea or Octave Phono in that price range. Either one of these will satisfy the requirements to drive the Benz LPS.

Ciao,

Audioquest4life
I've owned a Sutherland 20/20 for close to 3 months now and use a Benz Micro Wood SL which is about 3 or 4 levels lower than the LPS you own in the Benz Micro line. I run my Wood SL (0.4 output) at 52db, very adequate in my system, and the Sutherland 20/20 has greater gain setting of both 58db and 64db. The 20/20 sounds awesome in all areas with my Benz Micro Wood and can be bought new for $2,200...no need to spend more. There are multiple reviews of the 20/20 on line if you are not able to audition it live, which was where I was at. I agree with the Brian D. review in Stereophile in that it is an "absolutely superb sonic performer" phone stage and quit flexible. I bought mine sound unheard and sight unseen and am overjoyed with its excellent performance & build quality. With your LPS it should be even better and save you close to $3K from your listed budget ceiling if that matters. Good Luck!