Upgrade from Rega P5

I am a very happy P5 owner that is considering the next level. My P5 has the GT sub plater and acrylic plater. Wonderful sound but I know there is more to hear with better tables. I'd love to hear anyone else's similar upgrade story and suggestions. I'm thinking 4 to 5K for a budget. Thank You
fourgirls
At 4-$5K you should have plenty to choose from. If you insist on new, a VPI Classic would be hard to beat. If you are looking for value (if not, you should be) consider a used higher end table here on Audiogon. You can find tables, with arms, that sold originally for $10K. I've seen a newer Goldmund Studio, with T3 arm, for around your budget range. Believe me, some vintage tables are real bargains and you will be the beneficiary. If you find one for less that you like, spend the rest on a great cartridge.
Have a look at the Linn Majik LP12 for an upgrade within your price range.

Once you own the Majik LP12, there's a number of upgrades you can add (over time) to get to a fully loaded Linn Sondek LP12.

Linn Majik LP12:
http://www.linn.co.uk/systems/products/lp12/majik-lp12
If your happy with the Rega P5 give the flagship Rega P9 consideration. It's no exotic beauty queen but many prefer it over tables at the $10k price point.
I would agree with Dayglow, if you must buy a new table. The P9 certainly exceeds the performance of a great many tables costing quite a bit more.