What does mist racking actually sound like?

I have heard descriptions of this as gross as 'skipping' and varying to distortion on dynamic passages to intermittent pops. I'm probably sure all of the above are true to a varying degree, but does someone have mp3 audio tracks of the examples of mist racking? I would love to hear it.
philb7777
I'm off by a factor of 10, make that 1 to 1.5 rpm. Thanks, Doug, for showing me that trick. It is the fastest way to find out if it is damage or not.
Dan/Doug,

Could you elaborate? Are you spinning the platter by hand very slowly and listening for groove damage?
Yes, Peter, exactly so. It's a simple test, another of Paul's simple but brilliant brainstorms...

Find a passage that consistently (sounds like it) mistracks, that "Pffft" or "Bzzzt" sound Hifihvn and I described. Then play it several times at 2-3 rpm, spinning the platter by hand.

You'll hear and easily identify the music as a low frequency growl. The "mistracking" noise, if you still hear it, will sound distinctly different - MUCH sharper transients than any music.

If you hear that at 2rpm then you have groove damage or a pressing flaw, not mistracking. Any cartridge can track anything at 2rpm.

If you only hear it at normal speed then the cartridge is mistracking. VTF and/or anti-skating adjustment will usually (not always) resolve the problem.
P. S. Do NOT go backwards, EVER. No scratching like a DJ with your $4K cartridge. ;)
Thanks everyone for the great advice. I've made several strides today. It's amazing to not realize how much your sound is changing as a cartridge breaks in. Once the XV-1S suspension loosens up, things are now obvious and my sound had to get really shut in before I realized it.

I have now decreased my VTF from 2.174 grams to 1.935 grams. Much more air, more open, much less surface noise. My anti skate has been decreased by at least 70% from what it was set on. It's amazing how excessive anti-skate can affect rhythm and pace. I was floored! Changed my cart load from 400 ohm to 250 ohm. It's a tough one - I like the 50 ohm setting on my Cadence too, but the 250 just has more dynamics. I can easily see if I had a more flexible load settings on a phono-pre how the XV-1s would love its load to be between 100-150 ohms.

Still adjusting azimuth with a Fozgometer but at settings which support ideal azimuth, it sure looks unbalanced by my eyes. To my ears, I really cannot hear a difference between what my eyes say and the Fozgo says. I'll keep playing. Quick question - should I adjust azimuth by ears, eyes and Fozgo with anti-skate engaged at where I think it should be or not engaged at all for azimuth adjustments?

Thanks so much for the advice and suggestions. This has been and will continue to be a great learning experience.