What does mist racking actually sound like?

I have heard descriptions of this as gross as 'skipping' and varying to distortion on dynamic passages to intermittent pops. I'm probably sure all of the above are true to a varying degree, but does someone have mp3 audio tracks of the examples of mist racking? I would love to hear it.
philb7777
Philb777,

Finding the "mistracking point" is a critical step in my technique for optimizing VTF and antiskating for a cartridge, so I'm very familiar with it. Raul, Dan_Ed, Swampwalker and anyone else who's watched me adjust my rig is aware that I tend to play just barely above that point.

Imagine a short, sharp burst of upper midrange to HF static, typically lasting MUCH less than a second... a very brief, "bzzzt!" sound.
- It may not be very loud, it depends on how badly the stylus is mistracking.
- It may occur in one channel only or both, depending on why the stylus is mistracking.
- It nearly always occurs in synch with dynamic peaks in the music, since the greater the modulations in the groove the harder they are for the stylus to track.

CAUTION #1
Playing a groove that was previously damaged by a mistracking stylus will sound exactly the same.

CAUTION #2
Certain kinds of vinyl pressing flaws sound almost exactly the same (though often a bit louder). However these are not necessarily in synch with the music and may occur anywhere on a side.

When you hear that "bzzzt!" sound you usually have to do a little investigating to determine which of the above is the actual cause. I've heard all three in my system. Only the first cause, mistracking by one's own stylus, can be rectified. Damage from previous plays or production flaws is incurable.
Also, if the mistracking is only slight it may be necessary to listen with your (better) ear on the tweeter axis to hear it.
Thanks so much for the responses. Doug, you are reading my mind. My XV-1S probably has about 150 hours on it now and I have been currently running it around 2.174 grams. I've been reading you and Thom's posts on the XV-1s, ideal VTF and anti-skate so I'm starting to embark on the ideal VFT/Anti-skate journey. Getting 'mistracking' clarified beyond skipping was important. Its gonna be a fund weekend. Thanks again! I really appreciate these forums and the help they provide so much!
Post removed 
Phil,

Send me a check and it'll be a "fund weekend" indeed. ROFL (at you, not with you of course). ;)

Start your VTF explorations with A/S at zero. VTF should be explored/optimized first. A/S comes later, and only to the extent needed to avoid R channel mistracking AT THE OPTIMAL VTF.