Need tonearm advice for Clearaudio Innovation Wood

I bought a Clearaudio Innovation Wood Compact which came with the armboard for the Clearaudio Satisfy tonearm but no arm.
I am reluctant to buy a uni-pivot arm because of the apparent need for constant set up and the chance of cartridge damage if/when I set it up incorrectly.
I can't spend a bundle on an arm/cart at this time and don't really know enough about it all to make the right choice. Uni-pivots sound like the best sounding nightmare out there, and maybe the bad might outweigh the good.
Ultimately I want two arms for 33/45s and a second for 78s.
I'm thinking $1000 or so for an arm and $500 for a cartridge.
What would work with the Clearaudio armboard?
I'm into blues, jazz, and world music mostly.

guitarslimjunior
Sgunther,

I'm with you, when I have heard the TransFi Terminator it has been sublime. A buddy has one on his Technics SP10 MKII, and it's absolutely stellar. Dead quiet, tracks like nothing I have ever seen, massive soundstage, and is relativly cheap. He had no problems setting it up.

I think the problem with this arm, if you are a dealer, is that it's sold directly, and it's cheap.
This is probably to late for the OP but for anyone looking for info on the Transfi arm, it is easy to set up and sounds great. Good instructions on the web and Vic is very helpful.

If you can tighten one bolt to secure to arm board and adjust Terminator parallel at spindle, glue ends on 4" pvc and buy a air pump at Petsmart, you can set up this table. All you then have to do is set up normal VTA and Vtf.

Believe me if, I can do it almost all of you can.

Sirlordcomic

I have made a few purchases since this all was happening!

On the Clearaudio TT at the moment is a Clearaudio Satisfy Carbon direct wired arm with a NOS Audio Technica DR500LC cartÂ…. second arm is a Fidelity Research FR-64S with a Grado78/Orsonic AV-101S combo.

I have a Shure V15 III on the way with orig stylus and soon will move to the land of LOMCs and SUTsÂ… now looking for a Fidelity Research FRT-4 or FRT-5 SUT and Ortofon SPUs and some things from Miyajima I think.

Thanks for asking.