Why Would a Turntable Need More than 1 Arm ?

Sunday afternoon, just browsing the $5k and up turntables...why would a TT need more than 1 arm ? To try different cartridges ?

Do you think I could hear the diff between a $10k TT and my PF1000, same cart and stylus ?
mikey44
Why would a turntable need more than one record? "Need" doesn't really enter into this hobby. Mounted on one table, I have a 12-inch arm with an SPU and a variety of headshells, and a 9-inch arm with two arm wands that I switch between a variety of carts, MM and MC. All offer very different sounds, and all sound good to great. I have a friend who has four turntables, all connected and ready to play through the same system. As Lear says, oh reason not the need. Variety is nice. Many roads to Dublin.
As there isn't a single best arm/cart combination. I'm fortunate enough to have two arms on my Platine Verdier - a Schroeder Model 2 plus Allaerts MC1B and a vintage late 70s Hadcock 228 plus rebuilt Decca FFSS MkIV C4E.

When I play a record, I play the first minute or so with each arm/cart. One of them will sound better with that record and it's not always the same combo that comes out tops. Then I listen to the LP with the arm/cart that suits that LP (and the way it's mastered) best.

Charlie