change the cables on a thorens td 126 mk III

I have a Thorens TD 126 MKIII turntable just got it the thing sounds great, but the cables have a short at the plug to the pre amp, with a limited budget what cables should i get and how do you install them? it has the factory tone arm, i would like to add a sme or linn someday but for now the cables would be a great start. Anybody that knows these tables, that could point me in the right direction would be great help, thanks, pictures would be great
mdegeorgis
I had the same issue with my factory installed Interconnects on my TD160..I ended up cutting the interconnects just long enought to solder them onto female RCA's on the back of the deck..This allows me to use any Upgradeed interconnects I care to use..Its quite simple..I purchased the Female RCA's at Vampire Wire ( under $50 ) and just drill 2 small ( large enough for the new RCA's ) holes on the back of the deck to Solder and mount the new RCA's.........Also a nice sonic improvement......
Hey Thorman, thanks for the info, sounds like a great idea, my best friend is real handy with this kind of stuff, ill have him check my work, went to Vampire wire web they seem like they got nice stuff at a fair price, have you tried there interconnects? and which female rca's did you get, i just put my Mac amp in the shop today, having gone through, and updated, so i have have some down time to get my turntable in shape, its really a nice table a great improvement over what i had, the only thing wrong with it, it has a cracked dust cover just took it off, having a custom cover that fits over the whole table and the cables, and i like your fix so thanks for your time,Mike
Mdegeorgis: If I remember correctly CM1F/CB was the set I used...( under $40 )..I picked up some Cardas Solder at the same time..Pretty simple really ..Great results too....